Anyone tried the 530/506MP screenshot-mode yet

If you're in debug mode, you can take a 32x screenshot ( just hit alt+4 )... whatever you're looking at. I would strongly recommend pausing the game.  The game hangs for a few seconds on my machine - file sizes vary, output is a PNG, it puts the shot in with your save game, new pictures overwrite the old one. hotkeys are listed in the menu for other smaller multiples 1x 2x 8x 32x, alt + 1,2,3,4 respectively.

The dimensions i'm getting for 32x are 30720 x 17280 in 1080p mode, might be higher if you're native resolution is in 4k, I don't know that for sure though.

Gasses look a bit strange at this zoom level, but details are good for buildings. A sample.

59dab8157adf9_InLueofDusk2.thumb.jpg.bb32ef430b180783dee88e5e28bb52a6.jpg

Cropped down, and half size...because it was 230MB.

@turbonl64, @galadrim might be interested in this feature.

I think they could stand to knock it down further myself. But I chose this seed, so maybe true random gen would behave differently if it didn't use the same seed for all four seed slots?

I also clipped out about 26 - 40 tiles worth of nutronium ceiling - there was plenty of space on top for other things.

What is interesting -the magma is all behind an abyssalite and nutronium wall, so it would stay hot until I dug into what I could to get to it..

19 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

What is interesting -the magma is all behind an abyssalite and nutronium wall, so it would stay hot until I dug into what I could to get to it..

It looks like there was one section of magma that wasnt enclosed in abyssalite but has cooled down enough to form igneous rock.

You have alot of wheezeworts on that seed.

32x and 8x are good to have, but a bit annoying to edit (you can't edit it in paint... Had to dust off that old PhotoShop CS of mine to crop/resize them).  For quick screenshot capturing/editing (without losing resolution via steam's crappy screen capture), 2x seem to be the best to use.

If only they'd make it so that it won't keep overwriting the old ones unless you rename them...

13 hours ago, Whispershade said:

I feel like that's way more magma than their used to be.

Are you talking about comparing with OU?  Or the OI test build?

Compare to OU, we now have about 4 times as much magma as before, though a lot of them are enclosed by Neutronium and thus should have minimal to none in terms of affecting the environment.

There shouldn't be much of a difference between OI test build and OI live though, at least not with the 20 or so maps I've flipped through so far comparing them.

12 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

I think they could stand to knock it down further myself. But I chose this seed, so maybe true random gen would behave differently if it didn't use the same seed for all four seed slots?

I also clipped out about 26 - 40 tiles worth of nutronium ceiling - there was plenty of space on top for other things.

There isn't any noticeable differences between random seeds and input seeds, in terms of magma spawning.  The amount of magma Is roughly 13k Tonne, give or take 1k, on the maps I've test-generated.

3 hours ago, Reaniel said:

Are you talking about comparing with OU?  Or the OI test build?

Compare to OU, we now have about 4 times as much magma as before, though a lot of them are enclosed by Neutronium and thus should have minimal to none in terms of affecting the environment.

Well, AU. I hadn't looked at maps as much since then. I also feel like the starting biome occupies a bigger proportion of the map since AU, but nobody else seems to mention it so I imagined it is in my head.

For me the issue is useable space, not so much impact on environment.

3 hours ago, Whispershade said:

Well, AU. I hadn't looked at maps as much since then. I also feel like the starting biome occupies a bigger proportion of the map since AU, but nobody else seems to mention it so I imagined it is in my head.

For me the issue is useable space, not so much impact on environment.

Hmm... I don't know, it's kinda hard to tell...  I mean number of tile wise, they seem to still stretch roughly the same (diameter of roughly 55~56 tiles).

Though, from a quick sampling of AU maps and OI maps, we actually have less copper ore now (almost 40t less, or 25% less)...

54 minutes ago, Reaniel said:

Though, from a quick sampling of AU maps and OI maps, we actually have less copper ore now (almost 40t less, or 25% less)

This is true - after looking at the random worldgen files, it looks like we get a random chance for copper veins in some sense of the word and around the periphery, but it looks like we're only getting one copper blob with a vacuum in it.

The three 'lakes' are hard coded to show up, but still somewhat random in dimensions and placement.

Archived