food poisoning

Hello guys,

since the oil update I have big problems with food poisoning. 50-75% of my dups are ill almost all the time, vomiting everywhere.

I have just started a new game and set the auto disinfect level to 5000 germs. I haven't even build my own food production yet but on cyclus 3 all my three start-dups got ill. This time I even didn't manage to build a medical station before that happened.

I set the immune system to "impervious" before starting this game.

So: What am I doing wrong? Is there a bug with the "impervious" immune system which causes the opposite?

klei.PNG

You have a single washing station servicing 2 outhouses. In case 2 dupes use the outhouses simultaneously (which is the common case) - only one will wash it's hands... Try to have as many wash stations/sinks/sanitizers as outhouses/lavatories/compost heaps to fend off food poisoning.

You can also try to head off germs by using additional basins before food access and cooking so that when they go to cook or grab food to eat they aren't contaminating it with food poisoning before they eat it. Likewise be extremely careful to not let your reservoir get contaminated if you're making mushbars or liceloaf because naturally that means your food will be made with food poisoning already.

Food poisoning is making my game feel like 5 minutes of fun then sadness hits. and then i quit with my hands up in the air going like "What the SONIC devs!?" my little workers are weak as_ plebs not my hard champions anymore.. im removing these patches. 10xx washbins are 10xx retarded signs

4 hours ago, Whitebeard said:

Food poisoning is making my game feel like 5 minutes of fun then sadness hits. and then i quit with my hands up in the air going like "What the SONIC devs!?" my little workers are weak as_ plebs not my hard champions anymore.. im removing these patches. 10xx washbins are 10xx retarded signs

Make two outhouses at dead end of room

Make 2 sinks with correct direction leaving

Set priority on both sinks and outhouses to 7

Get fresh water ASAP to fill sinks

Later, make small pit in bottom of base to deposit Polluted water

You will never get food poisoning again. 

(Also, don't filter diseased polluted water, just burn in in plants or fertilizers.)  Filter water from CO2 skimmers, biodistiller, etc

Thank you for your replys.

Got some news: I restarted again and set the immune system to "regular". I'm on cycle 18 now and didn't have a single food poisoning. (same seed, same set up with the sink)

So: There is clearly a bug when you set the immune system to "impervious". 

1 hour ago, chemie said:

(Also, don't filter diseased polluted water, just burn in in plants or fertilizers.)  Filter water from CO2 skimmers, biodistiller, etc

It's quite easy to remove germs from polluted water though. I just pour diseased polluted water into my aquatuner tank in this setting. It preheats water to ca 40 degrees C and reduces the quantity of germs to 1000-2000 per tile. Then water drips to the lower tank, cooling a thermo regulator on its way down, and tepidizer kills all germs by heating water up to ca 85 deegres. Thermo switch is set to 85 degrees, just in case - ocassionaly there are 2 or 3 germs left, but they die on their way to water destiller. ~180 cycles and no need for cooling water from a geyser (I needed some germless polluted water from the slime biome though, like 2 or 3 natural medium-size reservoirs.).

Aemfdcy.png

I think the most important thing - if you can't find the geyser, get the sanitation research done and set up hand sanitizers, they're faster and take off more germs without any waste byproducts.

That first day when everyone has to go to the bathroom at the same time is awkward, especially if there's debris on the bathroom floor they're trying to sweep up after they've just gotten out of the outhouse.

19 hours ago, mickaux said:

It's quite easy to remove germs from polluted water though. I just pour diseased polluted water into my aquatuner tank in this setting. It preheats water to ca 40 degrees C and reduces the quantity of germs to 1000-2000 per tile. Then water drips to the lower tank, cooling a thermo regulator on its way down, and tepidizer kills all germs by heating water up to ca 85 deegres. Thermo switch is set to 85 degrees, just in case - ocassionaly there are 2 or 3 germs left, but they die on their way to water destiller. ~180 cycles and no need for cooling water from a geyser (I needed some germless polluted water from the slime biome though, like 2 or 3 natural medium-size reservoirs.).

Aemfdcy.png

There a lots of ways to kill the disease but they cost power.  My suggestion was the minimalist way.  

On 9.10.2017 at 1:37 PM, chemie said:

There a lots of ways to kill the disease but they cost power.  My suggestion was the minimalist way.  

Sure thing, I just wonder if it doesn't force you to choose a specific feeding strategy afterwards: fertilizer is only needed for sleet wheat farms, and polluted water is irrigating pincha peppernuts and thimble reed, which doesn't need to be growth domestically as you can use them for a limited number of products. If you're going for pepper bread, that's fair, however I find mushrooms much simplier, as you just need morb-puff slime farm if you want to make your base self-sustaining.

I'm actually quite disappointed with the simplified agricultural system: I kinda liked the one with points, it was really challenging at the time. Reducing the fertilizer's use for sleet wheat makes it a waste product of safe disposal, really.

1 hour ago, mickaux said:

Sure thing, I just wonder if it doesn't force you to choose a specific feeding strategy afterwards: fertilizer is only needed for sleet wheat farms, and polluted water is irrigating pincha peppernuts and thimble reed, which doesn't need to be growth domestically as you can use them for a limited number of products. If you're going for pepper bread, that's fair, however I find mushrooms much simplier, as you just need morb-puff slime farm if you want to make your base self-sustaining.

I'm actually quite disappointed with the simplified agricultural system: I kinda liked the one with points, it was really challenging at the time. Reducing the fertilizer's use for sleet wheat makes it a waste product of safe disposal, really.

I agree.  I liked the "work harder with more complicated engineering to get more" vs "all of nothing and easy to do"

Archived