Idea how to make beefalo and body items more viable

And also make a saddle that has 4 extra slots with it similar to the cargo boat on SW? And now that we are at it, we could make the pudgy beefalo a bit more viable by giving them 2 extra slots with any saddle, making them the "mule" of the three.

2 hours ago, Quyzbuk said:

I came in here expecting to read Beefalo Armor.

I left disappointed.

beefalo getting 4x food healing bonus, blue mushrooms or dragon pies are op for them and it super easy to avoid damage with beefalo extra speed. I don't think beffalo needs armor

8 hours ago, pedregales said:

And also make a saddle that has 4 extra slots with it similar to the cargo boat on SW? And now that we are at it, we could make the pudgy beefalo a bit more viable by giving them 2 extra slots with any saddle, making them the "mule" of the three.

extra slots saddle sloud slow down beefalo, probably

5 hours ago, landromat said:

You can put and take your backpack anytime, so it's better chester

What do you mean? Switching your backpack for the one on the beefalo, compared to switching items with chester?

I'd say switching backpacks instead of just opening it like a chest would make it even less convenient, add to that the fact beefalos are fairly good at getting themselves killed+how annoying it is to get a new one if it does get itself killed(in contrast to chester who will just respawn in a day), plus the fact you need to install salt licks if you want to leave them alone for a while, and that you need to get off of them to gather resources then get back to them(whereas chester just follows), and I'd say chester still beats this proposal easily...and even chester generally just ends up scaring gekkos.

7 hours ago, spideswine said:

What do you mean? Switching your backpack for the one on the beefalo, compared to switching items with chester?

I'd say switching backpacks instead of just opening it like a chest would make it even less convenient, add to that the fact beefalos are fairly good at getting themselves killed+how annoying it is to get a new one if it does get itself killed(in contrast to chester who will just respawn in a day), plus the fact you need to install salt licks if you want to leave them alone for a while, and that you need to get off of them to gather resources then get back to them(whereas chester just follows), and I'd say chester still beats this proposal easily...and even chester generally just ends up scaring gekkos.

you don't need to switch backpacks or run and gather resourses from beefalo backpack if you will not wear second one. Main reason of my idea was to free body slot for items like belt of hunger etc, Otherwise i can just make suggestion to add item slots for beefalo. it's just super nice when somebody can bring your backpack while you wearing good body items, and i think beefalo are good enough, They are hard to get, so even with backpaks beefalo does not look OP, but it can make them better than now

1 hour ago, landromat said:

you don't need to switch backpacks or run and gather resourses from beefalo backpack if you will not wear second one. Main reason of my idea was to free body slot for items like belt of hunger etc,

Thing is beefalo already free enough slots(no need to wear armor, and hand slot is free), there simply isn't much use of that, as already riding a beefalo you can use hand for light, body slot for backpack, and head slot for insulation/sanity, it's just pointless.

Also you probably won't bother constantly switching body items on it due to convenience anyway.

it's just super nice when somebody can bring your backpack while you wearing good body items,

"Super nice"? Really? I wouldn't even call this slightly useful, as even that would be a severe exaggeration on the usefulness of the ability to do that(unless you're going underground, then you can't even do that.)

and i think beefalo are good enough

Well that's not something I hear everyday.

Why would you possibly think that? Outside of some extremely specific circumstances(involving wes or wendy, plus a bunch of other rather uncommon things) they are a waste of time.

They are hard to get, so even with backpaks beefalo does not look OP, but it can make them better than now

They aren't exactly hard to get, they are tedious to get.

Now that's more or less the same thing, the problem is that if we would just heavily buff them I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that, as getting them isn't much of a challenge as much as it is a nuisance.

Maybe make some stronger saddles(with special abilities to them, like say death prevention, at least to some extent) which require raid boss drops to build, that's the best I can come up with as to buffing beefalos(and they very much need buffs imo).

On 10/4/2017 at 6:13 AM, landromat said:

beefalo getting 4x food healing bonus, blue mushrooms or dragon pies are op for them and it super easy to avoid damage with beefalo extra speed. I don't think beffalo needs armor

You missed the joke

Archived