Germs in my water

Whats happening is that there is some CO2 that is so cold that it freezes and drops in to the water and transfers germs and the go back to gaseous form and repets. But there is a bug that every time it happens the germ count go up. 

You just need to get the temp down to 20 C for slimelung and they will start to die fast.

I am not really worried because I am not using the water and the germs in in the air will die because it is cold. In later in the game I cool the water down under 20 C and the slimelung dies of fast.

6 hours ago, NanoD said:

Whats happening is that there is some CO2 that is so cold that it freezes and drops in to the water and transfers germs and the go back to gaseous form and repets. But there is a bug that every time it happens the germ count go up. 

You just need to get the temp down to 20 C for slimelung and they will start to die fast.

I am not really worried because I am not using the water and the germs in in the air will die because it is cold. In later in the game I cool the water down under 20 C and the slimelung dies of fast.

Best way to kill slimelung in your base is to just keep your oxygen levels high :) 

2 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

Best way to kill slimelung in your base is to just keep your oxygen levels high :) 

ooooh it is high. why I got the slime outbreak was because I dropped 15000 kg of liquid oxygen with like 20k germs and it ended with 1 billion in my water :p

3 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

It's not quite enough. All it needs is a packet of polluted oxygen floating here and there and it will be hatching its small slimelung colony and spilling it on surrounding oxygen packets where it will always reside long enough to let your duplicants breathe in dangerous doses.

And it's damn hard to get rid of these rogue polluted oxygen packets. A piece of food rots, it releases polluted oxygen. Washbasin fills up, it drops a polluted water bottle, it releases polluted oxygen as it sits there or is being carried around. You go fertilize mushrooms, the slime releases polluted oxygen as it's being carried. Not mentioning numerous polluted water puddles that appear everywhere as you conquer ice biomes. You have to spam deodorizers everywhere to get rid of it. I don't like that part of the game mechanic, somehow I think getting polluted oxygen under control should not be that hard.

4 hours ago, Kasuha said:

It's not quite enough. All it needs is a packet of polluted oxygen floating here and there and it will be hatching its small slimelung colony and spilling it on surrounding oxygen packets where it will always reside long enough to let your duplicants breathe in dangerous doses.

And it's damn hard to get rid of these rogue polluted oxygen packets. A piece of food rots, it releases polluted oxygen. Washbasin fills up, it drops a polluted water bottle, it releases polluted oxygen as it sits there or is being carried around. You go fertilize mushrooms, the slime releases polluted oxygen as it's being carried. Not mentioning numerous polluted water puddles that appear everywhere as you conquer ice biomes. You have to spam deodorizers everywhere to get rid of it. I don't like that part of the game mechanic, somehow I think getting polluted oxygen under control should not be that hard.

Wait, maybe i'm wrong here - but not all polluted oxygen contains slimelung by default... The only way polluted oxygen can manifest slimelung germs is if they're introduced to it, by either direct contact with slimelung surface germs, or a sneeze or similar. 

If the polluted oxygen is clean, it does nothing. Or at least from my observations it does nothing. A rotten piece of food that previously didn't have slimelung wont suddenly be filled with it... 

Keep oxygen pressure high and you'll never have slimelung in your base for more than a few seconds - unless you're purposefully bringing it in for storage, etc.

Again, maybe I've missed something here?

1 hour ago, Lifegrow said:

Again, maybe I've missed something here?

Your base is a fridge ;) haha, I tend to find since polluted oxygen sits lower than clean oxygen my dupes usually breath it in first since my base has a long runway with CO2 under it and O2 above it, Chlorine and Po2 tend to migrate there

Wait, maybe i'm wrong here - but not all polluted oxygen contains slimelung by default... The only way polluted oxygen can manifest slimelung germs is if they're introduced to it, by either direct contact with slimelung surface germs, or a sneeze or similar. 

Travelling packets of polluted oxygen can get infected simply by contact with airborne slimelung germs. You release single infected packet, e.g. from an infected slime blob - and it will deploy some germs to clean oxygen. It takes a while for them to die off. And if another, so far clean polluted oxygen visits the area, it will get infected too.

I was battling slimelung in my previous base. I had more deodorizers than there were packets of polluted oxygen, yet they somehow still managed to hand over the germs from one to the other and keep the clean oxygen infected at sufficient rate to get my dupes sick. It stopped being fun long before I gave up on the base and started a new one with intent to never let slimelung germs out of slime biomes.

34 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

Your base is a fridge ;) haha, I tend to find since polluted oxygen sits lower than clean oxygen my dupes usually breath it in first since my base has a long runway with CO2 under it and O2 above it, Chlorine and Po2 tend to migrate there

My bases are always cooled/warmed to 20 degrees, I thank you very much :D 

1 minute ago, Kasuha said:

Travelling packets of polluted oxygen can get infected simply by contact with airborne slimelung germs. You release single infected packet, e.g. from an infected slime blob - and it will deploy some germs to clean oxygen. It takes a while for them to die off. And if another, so far clean polluted oxygen visits the area, it will get infected too.

I was battling slimelung in my previous base. I had more deodorizers than there were packets of polluted oxygen, yet they somehow still managed to hand over the germs from one to the other and keep the clean oxygen infected at sufficient rate to get my dupes sick. It stopped being fun long before I gave up on the base and started a new one with intent to never let slimelung germs out of slime biomes.

It doesn't take that long for them to die off - this is what i'm saying, they die very quickly in a well oxygenated area. The more pure oxygen in your respective area, the quickly those polluted-germ-filled bubbles you mentioned get dispersed and nuked.

This is a basic fundamental that everyone should strive for in their bases anyways - high oxygen concentration, so this really isn't a big deal :D 

It doesn't take that long for them to die off - this is what i'm saying, they die very quickly in a well oxygenated area.

Are you sure it's not rather "well frozen" area? Because it definitely stayed in clean oxygen way longer than what I found comfortable.

1 hour ago, Kasuha said:

Are you sure it's not rather "well frozen" area? Because it definitely stayed in clean oxygen way longer than what I found comfortable.

Yes i'm sure Kas you cheeky mofo :D Try it yourself - find a pocket of stanky slimelung, release it into the wild and slap a Deoxydizer down. Temperature is irrelevant, within a couple of cycles the slimelung will be gone. Pure oxygen is finally useful guys! Embrace it ;) 

But here, for piece of mind :

image.thumb.png.049aa4b3e743fe1cc9d62fb15bc1430d.png

Only germs in the base is a spot of food poisoning which dies off rapidly.

image.thumb.png.576fdc30426418a60163c1da2b25c0d8.png

And it's not like I havn't expanded out...

image.thumb.png.abf90a9de3c650b6fc0d00931d4463fc.png

Archived