PO to O2 for basically free

Time for a new game breaking exploit. 

What I use is lots and lots of liquid oxygen. 500 kg per tile and a skim of on the top were the cooling is done. This setup when it is done requires basically no power. Well you have to get in PO and O2 our some how but the conversion is basically free. When have setup it after it I have converted at least 3000 kg of PO to O2 and the Thermo regulator havent run even once yet. It dont look so nice. Because I have done it with out debug mode. it took some time to collect the 4000 kg of liquid O2 for the system. 

PO to O2

PO to O2 Piping overlay

This isn't new, we've been talking about this for months(e.g. you posted about a similar design on june 23 in this forum, by similar i mean po2 to o2 converted using this thermodynamic bug); and I don't see that it's gamebreaking, despite oxygen being in the title of the game, supplying enough oxygen for your dupes isn't really the primary challenge of the current game version--especially considering this takes tons of LOX; by the time you have that much LOX, you already have your water --> oxygen system built.

I'm guessing it's a modified version of the cooling bug, where sudden cooling of just the top part of the room causes rapid cooling all the way down and cools the other tiles of the PO2...  Though I wasn't aware that the cooling bug also works for gas...

EDIT: Or maybe not :/

1 minute ago, Reaniel said:

I'm guessing it's a modified version of the cooling bug, where sudden cooling of just the top part of the room causes rapid cooling all the way down and cools the other tiles of the PO2...  Though I was aware that the cooling bug also works for gas...

It is a version of the cooling bug, but you don't quite have the details right, you're cooling the top thin layer of liquid o2, which exploitatively cools the rest of the liquid o2, then cooling the po2 gas normally through conduction.

2 minutes ago, trukogre said:

It is a version of the cooling bug, but you don't quite have the details right, you're cooling the top thin layer of liquid o2, which exploitatively cools the rest of the liquid o2, then cooling the po2 gas normally through conduction.

Yeah, I just realized it after I typed my reply...  

43 minutes ago, trukogre said:

This isn't new, we've been talking about this for months(e.g. you posted about a similar design on june 23 in this forum, by similar i mean po2 to o2 converted using this thermodynamic bug); and I don't see that it's gamebreaking, despite oxygen being in the title of the game, supplying enough oxygen for your dupes isn't really the primary challenge of the current game version--especially considering this takes tons of LOX; by the time you have that much LOX, you already have your water --> oxygen system built.

Yeah That is correct that I am using that bugg that I described there. I just converted it to cool Oxygen and made own topic of it. 

What is the primary challenge of the update?.  

1 hour ago, NanoD said:

Yeah That is correct that I am using that bugg that I described there. I just converted it to cool Oxygen and made own topic of it. 

What is the primary challenge of the update?.  

Well, I don't think there's really anything challenging in the current version in the game unless you're new to the game, and you'd have to ask new players to find out what they find challenging to learn.  I guess what I meant to say was that it's easier to find a steam geyser and set up electrolyzers, (and that plus a couple hatches and a coal generator solves your oxygen problem sustainably) than it is to refine 4 tons of LOX and make your newest version of that cleaner, so in that sense I don't find it game breaking.

Archived