Question about debug mode

I can get the debug mode open, I can paint in cells.  I wanted to test a few things, but didn't want to build an oxygen source for my experimenting, so I painted in a large quantity of oxylite (20,000 kg) so I'd have plenty of time to  keep adequate oxygen for my duplicants.  After it's painted in, it shows up on my screen as "unknown" and as a piece of the fog of war (out of site)  So I tested a couple other things, I tried painting in a couple minerals (copper ore and gold amalgam ore) and not only do they show up on my screen as "unknown" they also cannot be assigned a dig order.

I went to not selecting an element or quantity, only a temperature and painted an area with a temperature.  Whatever I just painted became "unknown"  Didn't matter if I was changing the temperature of sandstone, existing ore, oxygen, etc.

Anyone else seen this?  I mean, if it's a one off that only affects me I don't think it's worth bothering the developers for it, after all, the debug menu isn't for regular play.

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:
12 minutes ago, trukogre said:

change your options on the debug painter, you have "prevent FoW reveal" checked and you want to uncheck that and check ""allow FoW reveal"

I will give that a try.  maybe FoW is why it can't be dug up.

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

Quit game. Reload.

Up to now I'd just pushed through, and for most things used the instant build for items I needed of a specific material.

Thank you both for concise advice for me to try.

22 minutes ago, Morfeo said:

just a quick answer, I reply here just to not open a similar post, in the debug mode, I can't find the way to "instant" build like before patch, just the destroy button. What I'm missing?  thanks

You need to press ctrl and f4.

21 minutes ago, Morfeo said:

just a quick answer, I reply here just to not open a similar post, in the debug mode, I can't find the way to "instant" build like before patch, just the destroy button. What I'm missing?  thanks

Check the options menu. I think it's set to ctrl+f4 as standard but since I sometimes run on my laptop I generally reassign f-keys to something else just to avoid the trouble of having to press multiple key at the same time (and have the same set up on my workstation so I don't forget them) 

Archived