Different warning sounds

This one is for you Mr Jambell.

Tired of dupes dying to suffocation because I generally tend to ignore the warning sound because of constant food spoilage..  

Suffocation warning could really use some love in particular.. Needs to go full on Sonic levels of suffocation sound. 

It'd be nice to have a warning sound for less important things like food shortages and food spoilage and one for immediate emergencies like a suffocating or starving duplicant (and it'd be even better if we could decide ourselves which things are minor and which are emergencies).

21 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

(and it'd be even better if we could decide ourselves which things are minor and which are emergencies).

I think that this should be implemented. I don't play with sound, but it would greatly benefit the majority of the player base. 

• Developer

Super valid points all around... agreed that a bit more granularity in the severity of notifications is needed! This will require a bit of rejiggering in how the notifications are set up but it's definitely on my list!

As for being able to customise which notifications get which sounds: cool idea! It's a bit more work since it'd require a new UI screen, but I'll keep that in mind.

As is usually the case, a well-implemented system on our end oughtn't even leave you wanting to change stuff like that, so I'll aim for that first and if y'all are still wanting then we can revisit :D

Thanks for the great notes!

Archived