What to do when Immunity is going down?

Some of my dupes were digging contaminated slime and got themselves a slimelung germs. They are not sick yet, but the immunity is dropping aprox -15% per cycle. 

I set up access permission so they wont go to the slime mine, and turned off their dig task, i assigned a med beds and rejuvenators to them... but they dont use it.

So i dont know if its a bug, or  medical buildings are supposed to be used on sick dupes, not dupes with low immunity.

Do you have any ideas of what can i do to stop immunity from going down to 0%?

I think you have taken the appropriate actions.

It's not a bug, the medical cot will only be valid when their immunity reaches zero and they contract the disease.

As far as I know the only thing you can do is keep them away from more slime lung. Keep them in clean areas with clean oxygen.

What I do now is simply restrict access to the outside world for a dupe as soon as his/her immunity goes below 80%.  There are plenty of tasks for a dupe to do even inside the base.  The plants need harvesting, hamster wheels need manning, etc.  I also pick only dupes with at least +5 in immunity, and that makes a huge difference in terms of disease tolerance.

One important tip: Chlorine is a germ killer. Anything solid containing germs coming into contact with it, will eventually be clean of diseases. To take that to your advantage: build an enclosed section near your infested area, put mechanized airlocks on each side. Now build a pump in a chlorine filled enclave and pump your enclosed section full with chlorine. When your dupes pass through, they will loose atleast some of the germs.

Also great to fill up storage areas. I assigned specific containers for storage of dirt, slime, etc. basically anything that can contain germs. Then I just fill it up with Chlorine.

Finally, you can use Chlorine as a desinfectant before starting in an area by releasing it tactically, although coming at the cost of limiting work time in an area.

Also use hand sanitizers. They are very useful for dupes to clean off germs.

At -15% immunity per cycle, some of them might not even get fully sick.  The default recovery rate is +15% per cycle, so you're right at the break-even point unless a dupe's immunity is stronger or weaker than average.

Anyway, just limit their exposure to more germs until they're better, etc.  If they get fully sick, make sure you have medbeds and a few people assigned to Aid. Slime lung takes longer to recover from than food poisoning, but they don't vomit all over the place so it's a lot less messy.

There was a PSA (lol) earlier about using doors to restrict your dupes going into regions that have slimelung. I tried it and it works wonders. I let my dupes work until their immunity starts taking a hit and then shut off the entering (not exit) access.

I send packs of 3-4 dupes to work and rotate them when they're immunity decreases.

9 hours ago, CodingKitteh said:

There was a PSA (lol) earlier about using doors to restrict your dupes going into regions that have slimelung. I tried it and it works wonders. I let my dupes work until their immunity starts taking a hit and then shut off the entering (not exit) access.

I send packs of 3-4 dupes to work and rotate them when they're immunity decreases.

or just avoid PO2 regions in your digging with ladders and tunnels around the PO2

2 hours ago, Parusoid said:

Thanks all for the answers, mu dupe is getting better now!  and also @Vim Razz how do I assign dupe to aid? 

Dupes are assigned to aid by default and you should unassign it from any dupes with a low medicine stat in the jobs menu (unless you only have dupes with low medicine). As long as they have access to the med-bed and the priority on it is high enough, dupes will aid as often as needed.

Archived