How Ore Scrubber works?

I dont know how Ore Scrubber works. I dont know if its similar to wash basin or like a air Scrubber, and if it can remove the mud's gems. It is becouse i need dig a mud with green gems and i dont know how to do to eliminate all of them.. Any suggestions?

59ab8329bfdd4_Oxygenore.thumb.jpg.00d15fa4bceee8ce8597d231e9129475.jpg

Thank you comunity.

@dosman22l Ore scrubbers will scrub anything your dupes can carry, except maybe water containers, I'm not sure on those.  But absolutely all tile drops.  Each scrubber only removes 480,000 germs though.  And it's fairly easy to end up with over 2 million on slime balls.  So you need many of them.  But, fortunately they take no power and use chlorine, which has no other use currently.   

All that said, I'm not sure how useful they actually are.  I use them just to get used to using them, basically, in case they do become mandatory.  And it's not like they're costly, they just take up a lot of space.   But right now you may be able to get by with just storing all your stuff in a chlorine filled room, as far as item germs go.

the ore scrubber is like a pass by station, if the ore passing by is contaminated, the dupes stop there and put it in the machine and it takes a certain amount of germs off. so if you have numerous passers by, then you will need numerous scrubbers. likewise, if you're planning to detox that slime, you will need a fairly long chain of scrubbers as I think it only removes 480,000 germs per use. 

the idea is application dependent, you can send it through a slime distiller and turn it into algea, this will still have slimelung when it comes out and your machine and the polluted water will have it, but the algea itself will be more manageable for an orescrubber if it's processed in batches. the slimelung will die in polluted water eventually.

with that small patch you have there, I would dig it as is, set up a container there for it and like the above poster mentioned, store it in chlorine. you will definitely get polluted oxgen generation so it will need to be deodorized to prevent it from spreading - or multiplying that is - otherwise o2 and po2 will build up in the chlorine room making it kind of impractical for large scale storage of slime.

ores crubbing is far superior if done right, as it gets rid of the germ problem all together at the source.

Archived