idea for update

i have an idea for update. if the developer sees this, send email to me.

gmail: [removed]

uranium: hard material that emmiting radiation.

nucler power plant: energy generator. input: uranium. power source. emmiting toxic waste

new wearings: dry suit: duplicants dry up twice faster. rad protection: duplicants are protected from radiation. reduces decor.

algee farm. using water to produce algee.

5 minutes ago, inventor 111 said:

new wearings: dry suit: duplicants dry up twice faster. rad protection: duplicants are protected from radiation. reduces decor.

I like those suit ideas.
Nude suit ! Could work in lava, reduces decor.
Puft leather suit, dupes could poop slime. When they eat mushrooms, they poop algae!

15 minutes ago, Cilya said:

Radioactive things would be an additional mechanic. In their roadmap they said they would concentrate on working on the current mechanics rather than adding new ones.

They said that all core systems are in place now. That doesn't mean that new mechanics won't be added and radioactivity definitely wouldn't be a core mechanic.

It's just a matter of vocabulary. But I really believe radioactivity would be a core mechanic. You have to add data for it, maintain the state of radioactivity through the whole level and describes how it interacts with everything. A bit like germs. It's much more work than adding a building which uses the currents mechanics, a new plant or a new cooking recipe.

6 minutes ago, GrindThisGame said:

They could probably add nuclear power with or without a radiation poisoning aspect... or consider radiation a type of disease and fold it under that. Then it's not a new core system.

Well, it would make no sense to have radiation 'germs'.  Unless the radiation mechanic were very simplistic, I think they'd basically have to add a radiation overlay.  Radiation *could* key off of immunity, reducing it, and them giving them radiation sickness once it hits 0.  But it'd make more sense to simply add a radiation overlay, and rad meter, similar to the immunity meter in the disease overlay.  They could ignore radiation spreading to items - in that case it'd basically be like the decor overlay, but with radiation.  Probably not as hard to implement as the disease system.  If radiation spreads to items, that might get pretty complicated.  I don't think that aspect would be necessary really.

2 hours ago, brummbar7 said:

Well, it would make no sense to have radiation 'germs'.  Unless the radiation mechanic were very simplistic, I think they'd basically have to add a radiation overlay.  Radiation *could* key off of immunity, reducing it, and them giving them radiation sickness once it hits 0.  But it'd make more sense to simply add a radiation overlay, and rad meter, similar to the immunity meter in the disease overlay.  They could ignore radiation spreading to items - in that case it'd basically be like the decor overlay, but with radiation.  Probably not as hard to implement as the disease system.  If radiation spreads to items, that might get pretty complicated.  I don't think that aspect would be necessary really.

Actually I think a radiation system that mostly uses mechanics from the germ system could work. There could be a certain amount of radiation on objects like with germs and it could spread in a way similar to germs (without multiplying though and it would "die off" with a half-life like germs) but through all materials (expect for special ones like lead) and even vacuums and be unaffected by temperatures. Radioactive ores could act as a radiation source similar to germ sources or slowly lose mass as they produce radiation. And like you said, exposure could either reduce immunity or a new radiation stat.
A radiation mechanic could also be used to make it more dangerous to go to the asteroid's surface through radiation from space, if they make it possible to go there that is.

Archived