If the duplicant/ore is not germ free after using washbasin/ore scrubber, the duplicant should use the same machine again

I mean, when I wash my hands, I keep washing them until they are clean. I don't need another sink to continue. Building rows of scrubbers and washbasins to ensure proper cleaning is truly ridiculous.

Even without queues (which would be great), this would help to cut number of washbasins/scrubbers that need to be in the way to more manageable amounts.

It was mentioned in the test forums as well, and I totally agree, either queues and or what Kasuha has said,  IRL if there is one sink people wait...usually... they could make it a negative trait that they don't wait, but id rather that than having to have 3 wash basins in a row to contain diseases.

1 minute ago, BlueLance said:

It was mentioned in the test forums as well, and I totally agree, either queues and or what Kasuha has said,  IRL if there is one sink people wait...usually... they could make it a negative trait that they don't wait, but id rather that than having to have 3 wash basins in a row to contain diseases.

Wrong irl most of the general public skips using the sink to wash their hands or run it under water for like 2 seconds not even really washing them, so if anything it's pretty accurate lol

16 hours ago, BlazeNightash said:

Wrong irl most of the general public skips using the sink to wash their hands or run it under water for like 2 seconds not even really washing them, so if anything it's pretty accurate lol

Shhhh your ruining my immersion XD

I have no issue with the hand washing stations personally.  It's very controllable for restrooms and other point-of-use buildings.  One basin per point of use, no problem.  It can be more of an issue when trying to create cleaning stations for returning from slime biomes though, for sure. 

My main issue is with the germ removal limit.  For wash basins and sanitizers, it appears to be an effort to further differentiate them, since washbasins remove only 120k germs, while sanitizers do 480k.  But there's already the water difference, and I think that's enough.  They need to get rid of these germ removal caps, and make the time spent based on numbers.  that's my major gripe.  Especially for ore scrubbers.   

I think the queueing will just introduce all kinds of operational problems.  What if your dupe needs to use the bathroom while in queue?  Do they stay in queue even if they make a mess?  What if they're all in queue and it turns night?  Do they stay in queue and get tired debuffs maybe, or does the entire queue break and spread germs everywhere?  What if your queue is so long it goes through an airlock into a slime biome?  Do they stand in the airlock letting in gas?  Or do we now have to code the smarts for the dupes to stand in queue but not in airlocks?  I think as a practical matter you would still want to have a lot of stations to avoid these situations, and I think the coding would be a hassle (I'm no coder though).  So the notion doesn't excite me much because I don't think it would not be all that great.  Just remove the caps, and the numbers required will be reasonable enough.

Hmmm raising all those points does make queues seem less likeable, but I do agree that spending longer to clean makes more sense, I do not mind if one or 2 dupes get away from my actualy lavatories as they seem to have less germs. 

Also yes bleachstone is far better than having to use water... I just wish you could turn chlorine gas into a solid form called bleachstone XD

4 hours ago, BlueLance said:

I just wish you could turn chlorine gas into a solid form called bleachstone XD

Yes, it absolutely needs to be renewable now.   I think they need to make it so you have to *liquefy* the chlorine first, and use the liquid chlorine to make bleachstone.  This would be the perfect way to compel newbs into learning gas cooling, since chlorine is the easiest gas to liquefy.  Of course, it would also be a good time to introduce insulated airlocks.  Or piped bottlers.  Or both.

12 minutes ago, brummbar7 said:

Yes, it absolutely needs to be renewable now.   I think they need to make it so you have to *liquefy* the chlorine first, and use the liquid chlorine to make bleachstone.  This would be the perfect way to compel newbs into learning gas cooling, since chlorine is the easiest gas to liquefy.  Of course, it would also be a good time to introduce insulated airlocks.  Or piped bottlers.  Or both.

Even if you used Liquid Chlorine and some other substance to soak up the chlorine that would be better than nothing even then it would extend the duration you could make use of it, it would also give players a reason to tap into a a chlorine geyser, since once chlorine is floating about it passively kills the germs anyway, I was going to have my storage be in a pit of chlorine, and just pump any accidental chlorine i find into it. Saves me scrubbing my ores XD

1 minute ago, BlueLance said:

I was going to have my storage be in a pit of chlorine, and just pump any accidental chlorine i find into it.

I don't even store things in my base anymore, except at the very beginning.  I try to build the minimal number of lockers in the base in initial stages.  As soon as is practical, I break into a hot biome chlorine pocket and just build all my storage there.  I don't like having anything but CO2 or oxygen in the base core.

Archived