Do lavatories and showers have a set output temperature now or do they lower the temperature?

I've started using geyser water with a temperature of 90°C for my lavatories and I was expecting that the polluted water that they output would also be that warm (I'm pretty sure it used to work that way before the OU) and kill off the food poisoning germs, but it always seems to have a temperature of about 30 degrees when it leaves the lavatory.
Does someone know how it works now?

7 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

I've started using geyser water with a temperature of 90°C for my lavatories and I was expecting that the polluted water that they output would also be that warm (I'm pretty sure it used to work that way before the OU) and kill off the food poisoning germs, but it always seems to have a temperature of about 30 degrees when it leaves the lavatory.
Does someone know how it works now?

It's been this way for some time - not sure the exact temperatures in current build, but outputs were normally like 30-40 degrees iirc (don't quote me) :D 

2 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

It's been this way for some time - not sure the exact temperatures in current build, but outputs were normally like 30-40 degrees iirc (don't quote me) :D 

In the public build or in the closed testing build? I could be mistaken but I'm convinced that at least showers had the same output as input temperature before the Outbreak Upgrade was released

4 hours ago, GreatGameDota said:

In the Agricutural Update 100% the output temp was the same as input.

I have the same recollection; just tested in current build, showers and lavatories are outputting at the current temperature of the lavatory/shower building, similar to the output of NGG"s.  That's a huge buff to cooling capability.  I guess Klei didn't want us to be able to kill the germs without effort by using hot geyser water, and they didn't mind giving us more free cooling to preserve the germ gameplay.

17 hours ago, trukogre said:

I have the same recollection; just tested in current build, showers and lavatories are outputting at the current temperature of the lavatory/shower building, similar to the output of NGG"s.  That's a huge buff to cooling capability.  I guess Klei didn't want us to be able to kill the germs without effort by using hot geyser water, and they didn't mind giving us more free cooling to preserve the germ gameplay.

Yah, my plan was to use hot water to kill everything but that seems to not happen now.  I don't see a way to exploit the cooling, since this water will be going to fertilizers which destroyed the heat anyway.  It just means you have a tepidizer in your PW sump.

6 hours ago, chemie said:

Yah, my plan was to use hot water to kill everything but that seems to not happen now.  I don't see a way to exploit the cooling, since this water will be going to fertilizers which destroyed the heat anyway.  It just means you have a tepidizer in your PW sump.

Simple method:  95 Celsius water from geyser goes to your 20 Celsius lavatories/showers.  Comes out at 20 Celsius goes to PW sump.  You have an aquatuner sitting in your PW sump heating that back up to 110 Celsius, which you use to cool some other pool of geyser water from 95 down to 5.  the 110 Celsius P water goes to the fertilizers as you say.  You use the 5 degree water to cool something, then send that water back to the aquatuner cooler.  You probably could sit some thermoregulators in the PW sump cooling hydrogen as well, the specific heat of P water is significantly higher than the specific heat of normal water, and the boiling point is higher as well, so that PW sump will be an amazing heat sink.  it's funny to me that so many people complain about 'heat death' when something as simple as the polluted water going to the fertilizer makers is often a source of heat destruction that could equal 40-50 wheezeworts or even more, if people would just use it.

Archived