Change season on server already generate

Hi all,

someone know if it's possible with commands to put only one season permatly on server already generate with default settings

exemple i want to put only autumn on the server

do you think it's possible to change this with commands? or forced to generate new world?

thx you very much for your help

ToNiO

If it is a player hosted world you might be able to do so by modifying the leveldataoverride.lua you will find in

~/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/[cluster_name]/Master

Else I don't know where you can modify that type of stuffs.

Probably overkill for what you want to achieve but you could write a small mod with a WatchWorldState and when a change of season is detected, if the new season is not autumn, you change it back to autumn.

2 hours ago, ToNiO55 said:

Hi all,

someone know if it's possible with commands to put only one season permatly on server already generate with default settings

exemple i want to put only autumn on the server

do you think it's possible to change this with commands? or forced to generate new world?

thx you very much for your help

ToNiO

Yes, it is possible with commands! I haven't tested it out yet but I would think you'd run these commands (if you want perm autumn(it's a similar process for other seasons))

1. If you're in a different season that you desire run this:

TheWorld:PushEvent("ms_setseason", "seasonname")

2. Run these following commands to blacklist the other seasons. If you want only summer, blacklist all seasons except summer.

TheWorld.topology.overrides.spring = "noseason"
TheWorld.topology.overrides.summer = "noseason"
TheWorld.topology.overrides.winter = "noseason"
c_save()
c_reset()

• Thanks 1

For completeness' sake (found this thread when searching for 'how to change season length after worldgen'):

• The various values from the worldgen season settings screen are: noseason, veryshortseason, shortseason, default, longseason, verylongseason.
  • Changing TheWorld.topology and saving does not update the saveindex, or leveldataoverride.lua files - if you regenarete the world (everybody dies in survival, etc.) the new world will have the original season lengths.