More output/input vents

Well... Electrolyser with no vents is a painful thing. Atually it is that hydrogen is on the cathode and oxygen on the anode, so vents there sure could be. No polluted water output vent on the gaz generator is annoying. No CO2 output vent on coal generator too. Microbe mushers could use water input vents, that would spare dupes' effort, but may not be nessesary. Change the gas filter alike the water filter is, please. And that's all, thanks for attention.

If all fluids except dupe inhalation and exhalation and natural fluids were in pipes, that would be most of the post-research game pretty much automatically solved. The only way to make that work would be to pass the difficulty somewhere else: for example, you could dramatically increase the power cost of an electrolyzer (seeing as getting its outputs into a pipe consumes 600W total and some people still prefer to do it that way).

Algae terrariums and microbe mushers are the one area where I want to see this. A good form of it would be a new type of "upgrade" connector, where the device is manually fed early-game and can be plugged into an adapter to hook to the pipe network later-game. That, or upgraded second-tier versions of those devices that accept water input.

Neither terrariums nor mushers are useful in late game in my opinion. Terrariums are waste of resourcess unless devs decide to improve their effectiveness, and mushers produce so low quality food that just a few tens of cycles in your dupes will eat it with borderline disgust.

Where I think it would make sense is supercomputer. Water input instead of water delivery, the player would have to complete some basic research before they can build and hook up the supercomputer. But that's about it, I think the rest of the technology is fine as is.

Archived