Haven't figured out how to get them to put on their clothes.  Can you assign them more then one type of clothing?  And if so, do they change by them selves when they need to, like going from a hot place to a cold place?  Or do I have to get them to change them?

When the clothes drop out of the knitting machine, click them on the floor and an assignment dialog comes up just like if you use rejuventator or medical cot. Select a dupe, he will come and put the clothes on.

@KasuhaDo clothes wear out?  Or just disappear randomly?  I've noticed they don't last forever.  Do they even have any significant effect?  I tried making clothing once but decided it wasn't worth the effort right now.  It seems like a very unfinished feature to me at this point.  And do thimble reeds only drop seeds under certain conditions?  I noticed that my plantation declined in numbers over time, so they don't seem as easily renewable as mealwood and other plants.

They're not supposed to wear out, there was a bug that dupes would lose them randomly through save/load. I think it should be fixed now but it's possible it still doesn't work perfect. 

Regarding thimble reed seeds, click on the tile where it's growing and read the seed info, there should be everything about what the plant needs for various yields.

32 minutes ago, brummbar7 said:

Do they even have any significant effect? 

The effect of the clothes is listed in the sewing station info. One of suits gives you +30 decor (which is significant, imo), the other two are for cold and hot environments, which modify your dupes' insulation accordingly.

Either way, it should probably lower stress from being in a clod/hot environment, but until there's a button like "dress everyone", or a feature like dupes automatically change when going to cold biomes, I find it too much hassle to change from one type to another manually. So I just dressed everybody in pretty suits which give you decor.

Ya, I know what the tool tips say.  But I didn't really notice any improvement in their work-flow in cold or hot.  Which, maybe has more to do with the spastic work order situation right  now.   But without clothes, they'll get the work in cold biomes done anyway.  And I already have enough decor spam I don't need the fancy clothes.  So 'why bother with clothes?' is what I was asking myself.  The killer was that the clothes seem to vanish, even though I saw no durability bar.  I saw someone mention that's a glitch upon loading or something.  Just thought I'd get some clarification from people who spend a lot more time in the nuts and bolts than me.

46 minutes ago, brummbar7 said:

But I didn't really notice any improvement in their work-flow in cold or hot. 

I would expect them to get scorching status at higher temperature when using cold clothes, or to catch hypothermia at lower temperature or with greater exposure when wearing warm clothes. The snazzy suit's effect can be seen immediately if you switch to the decor overlay, dupes turn to walking green squares.

Archived