1 hour ago, n37runn3r said:

The input and output of the machines both have the arrows pointing in (indicating where to attach pipes), it would be easier to understand at a glance if the input pointed in and the output pointed out.

Screenshot or it didn't happen. The icons for input and output are different (2. row right):

detector1.jpg.b802ec4d367db9412bd737bb1a

On 6/3/2017 at 10:32 PM, Masterpintsman said:

Screenshot or it didn't happen. The icons for input and output are different (2. row right):

detector1.jpg.b802ec4d367db9412bd737bb1a

I guess I wasn't really clear. I mean on different machines the "in" and "out" may be in different directions. The color code already indicates the Input and Output. The problem is your example has two items that only have an In or an Out. The arrows on items like the Airscrubber DO point different directions (Up and Down) but the problem is that both the up and down is also "in" toward the machine. I have a tendency to think of machines like that in terms of "Throughput". Of course, some people might find my way MORE confusing. I suppose in the interest of keeping the graphics simple it makes sense the way it is.

Oni AS.jpg

53 minutes ago, n37runn3r said:

I guess I wasn't really clear. I mean on different machines the "in" and "out" may be in different directions.

The direction is perpendicular to the screen. I mean, technically we could also use arrows used to denote e.g. direction of magnetic fields but I'm not sure if that would be better than current state.

1evIxhC.png

I'm not sure I see what you are saying. The Bracket shape always represents the machine. So [> is always green and always output and [< is always white and always input. Whether it is pointing up down left or right doesn't mater, if it is into the bracket it is input and if it is out from the bracket it is output. It confused me at first, but once it clicked it made perfect sense.

Archived