Can Dupes not get and store items at a diagonal anymore?

Yep it's been fixed. Building through corners is still supported so there are not problems with building rooms or putting wires/pipes into walls, that's intended functionality. But accessing containers through walls is not supported anymore.

You'll have to build CO2 Food Vault. Like so.

20170526164628_1.jpg

One improvement I made when it comes to the Liquid Airlock is to plant Fiber in the Polluted Water. You can only up in one with it being on the bottom, but 2 if its on top.

4 hours ago, vonVile said:

You'll have to build CO2 Food Vault. Like so.

Seems like forcing them through polluted - or even clean - water would add unnecessary showers.  CO2 is naturally heavier than anything isn't it?  Why not just put the food vault in a sunken area that naturally pools CO2?  or worst case a pump on a switch to suck in CO2 from another part of the base when necessary and pump it into the room.  I just do this:

FoodVault.jpg

It naturally pools CO2, has a MUCH shorter travel path, and also (mostly) keeps the chlorine gas from the wash station in it's place.

8 hours ago, brummbar7 said:

Seems like forcing them through polluted - or even clean - water would add unnecessary showers.  CO2 is naturally heavier than anything isn't it?  Why not just put the food vault in a sunken area that naturally pools CO2?  or worst case a pump on a switch to suck in CO2 from another part of the base when necessary and pump it into the room.  I just do this:

FoodVault.jpg

It naturally pools CO2, has a MUCH shorter travel path, and also (mostly) keeps the chlorine gas from the wash station in it's place.

This was my first attempt at designing a vault and the only thing I'd change is moving the Liquid Airlock to the top. Dupes aren't in the Polluted Water long enough do too much damage. I probably don't even need the Polluted Water to make it work.

On 6/1/2017 at 2:27 PM, Lunch Patterson said:

I'm a bit confused on the wording there.  Like that?

boxy.jpg

not sure this will work on the box but dupes picks up or constructs inside the tiles sometimes from two tiles away in diagonal like this. so I put ladder like that

Sample.jpg

1 hour ago, Lunch Patterson said:

Thanks for the airlock ideas!  I'll get a CO2 room going!  Does having it sterile do the same amount of time as if it were refrigerated?

CO2 is a sterile environment, so food never spoils. Other sterile gases are the other gases except Polluted Oxygen.

I admit one thing that I had to do to make the Vault stay sterile is pump in some CO2, because Dupes weren't making it fast enough and the Polluted Water was very slowly creating Polluted Oxygen, thus the Air Deoderizer. The CO2 you need to make a sterile tile is about 45-50g.

Archived