Challenge: 100 happy living spacers

Hi, as a gamer of ONI I'll try posting a challenge.

Goal of each sub challenge is a single mechanic, that will lead to the easy final boss challenge.
Take your time for each sub part. if it takes a week or a month ... 
Note that the challenges can be done in any order.

The challenges:

1. Ventilation System (remove unwanted stuff, add oxygen, pump it all back to living quarters)
  2. Power Plant System (use any power style you think funny. Just keep it separate from everything else)
  3. Sleeping places + Recreation Room to de-stress (Home sweet home. Make it so! :D )
  4. Water Collection + Filtration (toilets all over the place?? well, you now can only have 1 spot to clean up everything)
  5. Farming + Fertilizer (If you watch the plants long enough, you can see them grow)
  6. Kitchen + Mess Hall + Fridge / Cooled Room. (The plebs are missing one thing only, the sound of a decent kitchen bell)
  7. Final Boss. Append the above challenges while increasing your population to 100.

Challenge rule: actual game play, but no one will deny it you if you enjoy designing systems within Tinker mode.
Make sure to test it a couple of cycles to see that it functions as wanted.

Have fun and do not forget ... Post your screen shots or link your live stream website / youtube vids in this thread.

Cheers

Screenshot, or it did not happen ;)

And i did mean systems. Example, no oxygen generation or CO2 scrubbing etc. anywhere else, except that one dedicated ventilation systems building. 

No science or compostheeps between 2 beds etc.

And no partial Tinkering projects where you liquify poluted oxygen ...

etc.

9 hours ago, Threehorns said:

Screenshot, or it did not happen ;)

And i did mean systems. Example, no oxygen generation or CO2 scrubbing etc. anywhere else, except that one dedicated ventilation systems building. 

No science or compostheeps between 2 beds etc.

And no partial Tinkering projects where you liquify poluted oxygen ...

etc.

I won't lie to you, I cant be bothered waiting the 5 minutes it takes to load my last playthrough to grab screenies, however there is a video here: 

I think that should satisfy 1-6 unless i've missed the point? 

1. Ventilation System (bottom of the base, filters out/recycles every gas)
  2. Power Plant System (natural gas generator "plant"? )
  3. Sleeping places + Recreation Room to de-stress (max decor bedrooms and massage areas)
  4. Water Collection + Filtration (Toilets and showers on the top floor)
  5. Farming + Fertilizer (fertilizer factory (closed to the public) and isolated growing rooms)
  6. Kitchen + Mess Hall + Fridge / Cooled Room. (Sterile fridge area, kitchen floor, mess table floor)

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but there are many people here who do this far better than me :D 

9 hours ago, raphe_nuclei said:

OP's screenshot?

it did not happen with me?

50 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

I won't lie to you, I cant be bothered waiting the 5 minutes it takes to load my last playthrough to grab screenies, however there is a video here: 

I think that should satisfy 1-6 unless i've missed the point? 

1. Ventilation System (bottom of the base, filters out/recycles every gas)
  2. Power Plant System (natural gas generator "plant"? )
  3. Sleeping places + Recreation Room to de-stress (max decor bedrooms and massage areas)
  4. Water Collection + Filtration (Toilets and showers on the top floor)
  5. Farming + Fertilizer (fertilizer factory (closed to the public) and isolated growing rooms)
  6. Kitchen + Mess Hall + Fridge / Cooled Room. (Sterile fridge area, kitchen floor, mess table floor)

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but there are many people here who do this far better than me :D 

I'll watch it after this reply. Cheers ... 

Here is colony I currently started ... 
- science is done
- Art class in top right
- bedding below it
- R&R in top
- Shaft is meant for temporary ventilation, mainly removal of chlorine. Yah, i spawned in bacteria free neighbourhood, lots of chlorine.
- Hydrogen

All temporal. not visible are shafts below colony in search of natural vents.

temp.jpg

i agree with Lifegrow, i guess point 1-6 are quite common for every colony.

the only challenge here is the 100 dupes.

and IMO It's not really challenging or anything like that. it's just a matter of time and how large you expand your base.

the real final boss will be your FPS. lol.. that's a real challenge.. especially for the dev *run away*

Haha I like this challenge, I find so many people and youtubers simply have less than 12 dupes and show a massive base, I think if they suddenly had even 50 dupes their bases wouldnt be able to handle it XD, I am only cycle 86 or so with 31 duplicates, It is so much fun! If i manage to hit 100 dupes without any deaths or without my PC dying I will post a screenshot!

Archived