Cheerio

[Game Update] - 218235

Recommended Posts

Aevum    4

This patch created a bug where the Cancel and Deconstruct options don't work anymore. Selecting the "all" option makes it work but selecting any specific filter immediately un-selects it.

 

Anyone else with this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cpy    278

4x less natural gas and water? NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueLance    807
26 minutes ago, cpy said:

4x less natural gas and water? NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

I think my Steam Geyser did the opposite, Mines is slowly drowning me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kasuha    1,217
1 minute ago, turbonl64 said:

Maybe increase the output sightly to outright 120g/s, so you can run exactly 2 generators from it.

Or just add one fertilizer maker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cpy    278
1 hour ago, BlueLance said:

I think my Steam Geyser did the opposite, Mines is slowly drowning me

I miss natural gas mostly :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueLance    807
9 minutes ago, cpy said:

I miss natural gas mostly :(

I wish i could find a natural Gas Geyser, would be a nice power supply for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kasuha    1,217
35 minutes ago, turbonl64 said:

I was wondering about that myself, but I feel it's a stretch to make that work. One fertilizer maker outputs the gas in free air, mixing it with oxygen or carbon dioxide from the dupes as those have to collect the fertilizer, so you are risking having short downtimes on the NGG once and a while. Second issue is getting the gas to the gas pump of the NG generator.

The minimum I have used was two makers but it can be made efficient even with one. Of course more makers mean better use of the pump.

Put your maker(s) in a closed room with airlock on entry, preferably at the top of the room. Put the pump at the bottom of the room, powered through pressure switch. Let it scoop gas while pressure is high enough (I use "over 2000" setting) and filter the output for natural gas, dumping the rest somewhere outside the room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Risu    496

If you want to avoid CO2 pumping have the gas pump at the center of room.
Natural gas seems to prefer gathering at the top of its layer so it has a higher concentration off the floor.
The ceiling will be gathering oxygen so it's not a prefered spot for the pump.

CO2 should get concentrated along the floor so put a scrubber in there to take care of it.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest
8 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

The minimum I have used was two makers but it can be made efficient even with one. Of course more makers mean better use of the pump.

Put your maker(s) in a closed room with airlock on entry, preferably at the top of the room. Put the pump at the bottom of the room, powered through pressure switch. Let it scoop gas while pressure is high enough (I use "over 2000" setting) and filter the output for natural gas, dumping the rest somewhere outside the room. 

Extra pump -> 240W. Gas filter -> 120W. In all honesty, this can work more efficient by just putting them in one single room with the geyser and an algae deoxidizer on top of the room, pressurizing the gas downwards. I'll try some set ups out once I advanced to that point with a new colony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kasuha    1,217
8 minutes ago, turbonl64 said:

Extra pump -> 240W. Gas filter -> 120W.

You forgot the pressure switch. It doesn't draw that power continuously. And you can use mechanical filter if you don't want to spend power on filtering.

Edited by Kasuha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kasuha    1,217
12 minutes ago, turbonl64 said:

this can work more efficient by just putting them in one single room with the geyser and an algae deoxidizer on top of the room, pressurizing the gas downwards.

This part has two bad ideas. First is to put the geyser in the room where your dupes will be going to retrieve the fertilizer. If something happens you can always shut down the maker, but you cannot shut down the geyser. And the other is filling the room with oxygen. Let the maker pressurize the room instead, it's more than capable doing that and will fill it with something you want to get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest
4 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

This part has two bad ideas. First is to put the geyser in the room where your dupes will be going to retrieve the fertilizer. If something happens you can always shut down the maker, but you cannot shut down the geyser. And the other is filling the room with oxygen. Let the maker pressurize the room instead, it's more than capable doing that and will fill it with something you want to get.

I think pressurizing the gas will work. It's basically the same idea as with the hydrogen generator upside down, although admittingly with the complication of CO2.

And yes, you'll need redundancies. Although the gas should not over pressurize anymore to the point of 500kg a cell.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-30 at 2:18 AM, Histekia said:

sorry for the dump question but where can I report a possible bug?

Or maybe someone here can help me, because he/she had the same problem?

As you can see in the picture, it tells me I have no resources what is impossible beside some water and a little bit of raw metal, since the last time I played (some hours ago before the new update) I had enough.
Also it can be seen that I have enough resources in my storage compactor or do they not count anymore since the new update?
I already start the game a second time but nothing changed, help?

2017-05-30.png

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I might have an idea to help you solve it, if you didn't already.

If you are sure that your dupes are able to get to the storage compacters, you can simply let them drop everything by unselecting the all button in the compacters. This will drop all items. If you select sweep on priority 9, your dupes will probably start to clean it up imideatly (if nothing else is on priority 9). It won't take long for four dupes to clean it, as they don't have to walk a lot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Histekia    170
1 hour ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I might have an idea to help you solve it, if you didn't already.

If you are sure that your dupes are able to get to the storage compacters, you can simply let them drop everything by unselecting the all button in the compacters. This will drop all items. If you select sweep on priority 9, your dupes will probably start to clean it up imideatly (if nothing else is on priority 9). It won't take long for four dupes to clean it, as they don't have to walk a lot.

hi and thanks for the answer, but I already delete this world, cause after destroying the storage compacters no items where droped and I got to tired of trying around so I just stared a new one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now