whats making all this chlorine?

I've got a section of my base set up for power gen and there was some bleachstone thats all gone now, and a single morb hopping around but somthing is generating alot more chlorine than i can handle, can anyone tell me where this chlorine is coming from and the best way to deal with it?

2LVw6

Although some people will say it can't happen, I have had the hand sanitiser pollute my base with Chlorine a number of times. I now keep it well away from the main part of my base and keep it behind a couple of closed doors. The bleached stone I keep in a compactor right where I mine the bleached stone from.

Even behind airlock it will keep producing the chlorine and it will seep out when you open it e.g. to add more. Put the container under water or put it to low enough temperatures (I believe -10 C is enough) to stop the sublimation.

best is to use cheaty doors, leave a free tile under door and close diagonally. place hand sanitizer, bleachstone storage and food storage there. a friend used bleachstone to pressurize farms.

they get dirty hands when digging and they clean before eating so totally fine to place in farm room without mess tables.

as for stopping air, you can just build 2 mechanized airlocks and a deoxydizer inside, small room 2x3 for example gets pressurized fast, stops wasting algae, each time door opens releases some oxygen but wont let anything inside

16 minutes ago, Nickishero said:

I dont know if this is a bug or a feature, But if you gas pump chlorine and you let it go into a natural gas generator, It dissapears. But the gas generator takes a little bit of (repairable) damage.

Chlorine is pretty useful for a few applications now, i don't hate it any more :D But no, this isn't a bug - pre thermal upgrade this was a tactic quite a few people used to deal with nuisance gasses as hydro generators didn't take damage when they received the wrong type of gas - it was balanced so that now they do.

Archived