Interrupted sleep

Have you checked if they have enough oxygen in their beds? I don't know for sure, but maybe it's a factor.Never checked though.

Oh by the way, your base looks creepy as hell with all those paintings... :D

When i put up paintings, they only have some fruits on it

I've seen it happen where they briefly get the food icon over their head. They don't actually wake up, but they have interrupted sleep anyway. Mind you: they aren't starving to death. I have plenty of food available. Yet it seems to happen like clockwork on the 2ND cycle and periodically afterwards.

3 hours ago, Nidhoggur said:

Have you checked if they have enough oxygen in their beds? I don't know for sure, but maybe it's a factor.Never checked though.

That's because your painter isn't skilled enough to paint masterpieces, which is what the "creepy" Mona Lisa-like paintings are.

There is enough oxygen. They wake up if there is not enough, but I have enough, thats the problem

The kind of painting and statue created depends on the Creativity stat of the artist. The higher the stat, the higher quality decor. Just let your artist(s) make more paintings and statues to level up their creativity and you'll notice a change. Have just one artist for fastest results.

26 minutes ago, elexier said:

IMO Dupes should NOT get the interupted sleep debuff if there waking up to pee.

It's a bit hard to implement with currently available tools as both toilet visit and sleep are high priority and high interrupt priority tasks. And it certainly feels better if a dupe goes to the toilet in the middle of the night than if he went to the bed in the middle of a toilet visit, and then made a mess a while later.

I know it certainly is possible to implement if the game included some time planning. But such things get very complicated very fast (each base has different distance between beds and toilets) and I think it's too early to start with such things in current state of the development.

20 hours ago, Nidhoggur said:

Any dupe with creativity higher than 2 will create master pieces. 

toilets wake them up also walking time takes away from stamina, so they will have some small interruptions during day when tired, not 0 stamina interaction implemented yet, still the stress charge rate with stepping in contaminated water is very bad

lavatories wont wake them up but 75 sec night and 60 sec bladder holding so they may piss themselves at morning, thats why i usually build lavatories right next to bedrooms or inside it (3x9 with 2 sculptures and 1 painting is around 100 decor). they still get interrupted sleep but the bladder is around 1 cycle so resets pee to morning for a while

they get interrupted sleep from low oxygen, so they need left side under bed made of gas permeable, right side can be normal to save on decor, and ventilation is fine anyway

your issue must be hunger, when they hit 50% they become hungry and they get interrupted sleep, you cant really fix it, maybe set their ration to 1500 daily so they eat 2x in 3 days and fullness is at 85% not 75% after eating, this requires food stacks, so they take from a stack, not from floor, so high priority food delivery maybe mealwood

or my other tip is the soggy feet, keep them healthy, in good temperature, dont let hydrogen float. stinking, snoring or farting dupes can wake others up so try separate the beds

Archived