How do I get excellent yields for food?

10 minutes ago, Vilda said:

Don't really wanna calculate the fertilizer right now

Maximum 60 kg in a cycle, excluding the loss of 20 seconds for work. Only need 2 kg so yeah...

You may ask :)

I tend to take a rather pedestrian outlook on expansion, preferring to stabilize prior to pushing out. Due to this the availability of seeds is quite low so I try to maximise on what I have - initially. As it stands at the moment, getting the yields is not a problem, getting the seeds from the final harvest for mealwood was. Playing on a fresh install at the moment and I'm up for a 1600 yield for the second harvest. Predicted is at 74.9 so I'm hoping for the final harvest i get the seed (non irrigated at the moment). If all goes well i shall set up some irrigated tiles and go again.

2 hours ago, Vilda said:

Don't really wanna calculate the fertilizer right now :) I just ask - why bother wasting fertilizer on mealwood? Seeds are everywhere, and you get the double "yield" just by doubling the plant number. And you should turn all meal lice to liceloaf and then it's only 2,1 plant per duplicant on the lowest yield.

Run out of Mealwood seeds quite easily. That's kinda the point. It was stated already but the only difference for most plants, between Good and Excellent, is the seeds. What else would we be talking about?

The important stuff? And the topic of the thread as stated? Food.

While it not affects mealwood on first harvest (+10 buffer, with all 4 effects), it slashes potential yield of PP by 1/3, because excellent is possible only on last harvest. And that is with all 4 effects going. That awfully rises plant numbers for the good foods. Like 9! plants per duplicant if you wanna make stuffed berry.

Ok this has got me stumped. I have 10 Mealwood planted in non-irrigated farm tiles, 5 in ideal pressure and 5 in ideal pressure/temperature, I also have 1 mealwood in a chunk of copper growing naturally ideal temperature/pressure.

The 5 in ideal pressure yielded 2x800 and 1x1600 2 of which dropped a seed on the final harvest.

The 5 in ideal pressure/temperature yielded 1x800 and 2x1600 no seeds from any on the final harvest.

The one growing naturally on a chunk of copper on the first harvest dropped 1x1600 and 2 seeds.

Take from that what you will, i simply have no confidence in it at all. I will say that it's an improvement to what i was getting prior to a fresh install where i was getting absolutely 0 seeds.

1 hour ago, ThrowingTracks said:

The one growing naturally on a chunk of copper on the first harvest dropped 1x1600 and 2 seeds.

Natural plants grow very slowly, so they collect their points over much longer time and may collect enough to have excellend yield even in generally bad conditions.

Archived