Does Ancient Gateway explode?

But how badass-looking would THAT be?  Don't Starve characters running and leaping in front of a giant fireball...or, to _really_ show how cool you are, WALKING away from it.

(That last one would be Willow, as she's at least partly immune to fire.  : P  Actually she'd probably run from the _explosion_ part, the bits flying through the air that can kill you, and then go BACK to look at the fire part up close.)

...Notorious

5 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I've heard from someone else now that the gateway area will kill you if we stay there when the ruins and atrium reset. I just can't find any footage for it.

They lied lol.

4 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

But how badass-looking would THAT be?  Don't Starve characters running and leaping in front of a giant fireball...or, to _really_ show how cool you are, WALKING away from it.

(That last one would be Willow, as she's at least partly immune to fire.  : P  Actually she'd probably run from the _explosion_ part, the bits flying through the air that can kill you, and then go BACK to look at the fire part up close.)

...Notorious

Wouldn't it explode in shadows and not fire?

...shadowy fire? 

I'm imagining _some_thing involving shrapnel bits of some kind that can fly out and kill you, though.  Maybe the shadows themselves wouldn't light up, but the force of the explosion would set _other_ things on fire?  Possibly.

That is, if it exploded at all of course.  Heh.

...Notorious

20 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

The wiki says "If the Ancient Fuelweaver is killed it will trigger an "explosion" that will activate after three minutes, it will renew the Ruins".

Does this mean there's like a Predator style explosion that you need runaway from?

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't

Archived