I think i found a bug/glitch can you confirm?

Hello there i was feeling some movements on my character was weird also sometimes my character was not walking on the intended way, i thought it was a mouse/keyboard problem as they were old hardware, when i got new mouse and keyboard i felt the same issues so i started to try every movement and click until i found the moments where my character get "stuck" and not following a walking order until he completes the previous one.

The scenario: You hold a torch on your hand so the option to burn with RMB (rigth mouse buttom) shows up, you step next to a tree to burn but before burning it you click about 6 spaces away to walk there when your character is walking away from the tree click RMB to send the order to burn the tree, cancel the burn animation to not burn the tree with another walk order to some spot away from the tree.

The Bug/Glitch: When the order to burn is canceled by the new walk to order with LMB you character wont follow any new "walk to (or any other)" order until he reach the new "move to" order point.

So a lot of times i walk into a wrong place and can't move away until i get to the last click point, this have caused a lot of undeseable hits.

1 hour ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

This doesn't make too much sense considering your English... Would you be able to reiterate that? And if this is a bug, a mod should probably move this to bugs section if at all possible or something.

Their last sentence is pretty readable, they're saying that if you try to burn a tree with a torch but cancel that action with an order to move to a different spot (using the left mouse click, NOT WASD), that you will be unable to cancel your characters walking with any action until you reach your destination. Personally I don't think I've ever experienced a bug like this (I am a heavy WASD user), and yes this is the general forums, not where bug reports belong.

Edit: Just tried to replicate OP's problem, unless I am misunderstanding I repeated exactly what they said to do multiple times and cannot get my character "stuck" like they describe. I tried right as my character is touching the tree (a frame before lighting the tree on fire), right as I reach the tree, as I'm walking to the tree, and immediately as I prompted the option to light the tree, and of all of those times I couldn't get my character stuck walking. So TL:DR I cannot reproduce OP's problem.

2 hours ago, ItsPizzaTime said:

Their last sentence is pretty readable, they're saying that if you try to burn a tree with a torch but cancel that action with an order to move to a different spot (using the left mouse click, NOT WASD), that you will be unable to cancel your characters walking with any action until you reach your destination. Personally I don't think I've ever experienced a bug like this (I am a heavy WASD user), and yes this is the general forums, not where bug reports belong.

Edit: Just tried to replicate OP's problem, unless I am misunderstanding I repeated exactly what they said to do multiple times and cannot get my character "stuck" like they describe. I tried right as my character is touching the tree (a frame before lighting the tree on fire), right as I reach the tree, as I'm walking to the tree, and immediately as I prompted the option to light the tree, and of all of those times I couldn't get my character stuck walking. So TL:DR I cannot reproduce OP's problem.

My native language is not english, its spanish, i know this is the general forum not the bug section, that's why i asked to confirm to post there.

I am also a heavy WASD user but sometimes when i have 1 hand to play (holding a cup of coffe o whatever) i use the mouse.

Try this, hold torch on hand then RMB to burn a tree, just before the animation to burn the tree begins LMB to move away from the tree, while the character its still moving RMB to try to burn another tree (Your character should get stuck not being able to burn the other tree until it reaches the last movement order point).

I had some MODS on like geometric placement, and wornhole marks so i deactivated all mods and tested it again with the same issue.

1 hour ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Oooh, that bug... I rarely encounter it. Strangely, I think this also has something to do with you attacking, moving away but then as a result not attacking the opponent before moving away, although that is a weirdly opposite reaction in comparison to this bug.

Yes that is the one, indeed it is rare but really annyoing when it happens, as i said for me the easiest way to do the bug its with the torch and burn option, but it can happen by its own while giving attaking orders, dig with shovel, planting trees...

Archived