Problem with part 2 puzzle ?

Hi,

I try to do the part 2 of the puzzle with my sister, the part when each player have to put symbol in the right cases and with the golden dot when symbol are right.

Everytime the puzzle kick us out and we have to restart with news symbols. Is it a timer ? A number of try ? Is there something we are missing ?

I must admit i'm a little annoyed, it's was hard to convice her to help me and we spent time for nothing for the moment, and i don't understand what the problem is.

Could someone help me figuring out how to avoid this ? Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Everytime the puzzle kick us out and we have to restart with news symbols. Is it a timer ? A number of try ? Is there something we are missing ?

Its not a timer, but the limited amount of checks you can make.

Here's mine description for it(however theres plenty of them lying around... Surprised you didn't follow one yet)

Spoiler

Order of symbols is correct. For example 1st tablet in the list of person who redeemed the yellow code has to be paired with the 1st symbol of the person who redeemed the black one.

The only question is the order of placement.

Basically - person with tablets should fill everything with one of the unique tablets. Lets say tablets #3 and #4 are unique, while #1 and #6 and #2 and #4 are paired.

So conversation begins like:

-Fill everything with #3.

-Done.

*First person fills everything with symbol 4 and replaces 1 of symbols with #3 and presses the button(it would sync the data only when clicked and only when all 6 cells are filled(I think)). When this person finds out which cell is the correct one, lets say the second one on the top, this person sends a message

- -3- --- fill with #4 now //all - are replaced with tablet #4

-Done.

Rince and repeat until no unique tables are left. Easy to find out whats next, I think.

By the end we used form of 434 444, replacing digits as the turns go

9 minutes ago, alainmcd said:

See here my solution and here a little info on tries.

Thanks, i was already following your guide, but maybe pressing the check too many times in the process, because sometimes it's hard to know when the other has changed now. I guess it'll be fine now if we try again with less press on the "verify" button. (And because if you don't know that you have a limited amount of tries you are less cautious)

Anyway, we almost managed it on some tries (once we had 4 dots, so it was pretty much done at this point), i guess that we'll manage it now we are aware of the limit.

Thanks for yours answers.

I'm guessing around 22-26 total tries before refresh? You might use up some to user error or failure to register some submissions.

As long as you're methodical you should be able to do it in 2-3 tries as you won't always get the worst case scenario. Some methods reduce the average amount of submissions required, which may increase your chance of getting it done in one go, but the logic behind them may be more difficult to grasp.

Me and my friend solved the puzzle, but our slots for recipe - the ingredients, their respective quantities and the order to place in Ruins' chest just disappeared (attached print screen) - but the yellow dots marking their presence are there, all 6 of them - what now? Is a problem with Klei site or something with our browsers settings? As of now is kinda pointless going in caves as we don't have said ingredients and their stats and we cannot retake the puzzle - nothing is active anymore on that panel. Anyone encountered this problem? What was suppose to happen after we solved the puzzle?

Error.jpg

17 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Me and my friend solved the puzzle, but our slots for recipe - the ingredients, their respective quantities and the order to place in Ruins' chest just disappeared (attached print screen) - but the yellow dots marking their presence are there, all 6 of them - what now? Is a problem with Klei site or something with our browsers settings? As of now is kinda pointless going in caves as we don't have said ingredients and their stats and we cannot retake the puzzle - nothing is active anymore on that panel. Anyone encountered this problem? What was suppose to happen after we solved the puzzle?

Happened to me when we were still figuring the puzzle, trust me, I feel your pain. You need to restart your browser and if that doesn't work redo part two. You can't progress without those codes. (We made sure to screen shot ours once we knew we had the 100% final swap, so if they vanished we still had the code on record).

Archived