How are gas valves supposed to work?

I made pretty simple setup: gas pump>valve>vent. I set the valve to ~100g (dupe did). The packets before valve are 1kg, and after the valve 100g. The pump keeps going. What is happening with 900g of gas?

5 hours ago, Risu said:

Sitting at the intake of valve getting 100g added back from tail.

This.

Don't make the mistake that I, and a number of others, made - Just because a "blob" is moving, doesn't mean that it's always moving 1kg or whatever. As your valve releases 100g worth of gas, space for 100g becomes available in your piping, meaning your pump will refill that 100g (and instantly grind to a halt) then wait until there's space available again.

Hope that makes sense :)

set gas valve to 0 g/s allow you to stack up 1000g of gas into EACH gas pipe.

gas pump supposely stop working when EVERY pipe along the line all occupied.

gas valve has it own gas storage of 1000g. If gas valve release ALL gas in it ( e.g. 10 packages of 100g gas), next 1000g gas Packet waiting in pipe goes up 1 queue. this process of Releasing 10 Getting 1 slow down gas pump action.

I dont know how the gaz pump work, but the water pump works only, in my setup, when the output tile has no more water in it. And i clearly see the output tile of the pump going from 10kg of water down to ~0kg depending on demand, and then the pump work to fill that pipe tile and stop waiting for hydrolisers/showers/lavatories to take their part...

gas pumps can do 500g/s the pipe can hold more and tends to stack like gasses when possible.

Valves can be used like track switches and can be set up to automatically redirect flow to less congested lines.D75989E1171D52A1358A9106C3E6B4FFC8715982all the valves are as normal flow setting no tweeking

after the gas fills the left column it switches to the right if the right fills the center takes the load all 3 will release as space becomes available. you can use thermal switches on radiator setups to hold a load of air in pipes that was filled by excesses from the pipes the thermal switch attached to a filter will then activate the filter releasing the at temperature gas back into the supplied systems.

Wolfram is great for thermal switches its the most responsive metal to temperature and can easily detect the temperature of the pipe its placed along.

Archived