Expert Plus in 1:31:56

Hey, my favorite II player is back! :) Nice to see you around again. Didn't watch the E+ speedrun because of lack of commentary, but Daemon Code run is very tense and entertaining so far.

13-04: That mission is why I love Invisible Inc., getting out of seemingly impossible situation is so satisfying.

13-07: There was a way to get by with only 1 guard KO in that situation.

ThePlan.png

Monst3r (cyan circle,2.5 AP left) places EMP on the spot, then moves to blue cross, goes on melee ambush and ends turn.

Security Guard(purple arrow) investigates EMP and doesn't see Monst3r. Elite Security (yellow arrow) investigates door, gets zapped.

Next turn Monst3r drags Elite guy through the door and other guard doesn't notice a thing.

If you're interested in giving mods another try, then Advanced Guard Protocol has come a nice way since you last played. New stuff:

+ At least 25 new guards total

+ Omni level difficulty scales with campaign time, so DLC final mission is harder.

+ Patrol routes with 3-4 turn cycles.

+ Guards can use locked security doors.

+ Optional Validate change to spawn non-enforcer guards.

+ Hard Mode from WAY back (Challenging Enemies) is back, guards are faster and see much more.

For even more difficulty, Programs Extended has option for harder alarm setting:

+ Alarm tracker goes up to 8 levels.

+ Events on each alarm level are harder.

+ Events on each alarm level post day 4 in DLC are harder.

+ 4 turns in between alarm levels instead of 5, for 32 turns total before max alarm level 8.

And if you don't want other stuff (Programs, Daemons etc.), you can disable it completely.

Going back to watching the rest of Daemon Code, currently at 13-9. Keep it up good sir!

Thanks for making another Invisible, Inc. video.  I'd left playing the game for a while, and wanted to come back, but wasn't sure how well I remembered the difficulty curve and wasn't sure I wanted to re-climb what had fallen off the back of my skull.

You explain how you're thinking so well that you reminded me why the game was so much fun, and why I ought to jump right back in.  I just wish I could play it as well as you do. :) 

Anyway, congratulations on another playthrough!

On 04/04/2017 at 1:31 PM, wodzu_93 said:

13-07: There was a way to get by with only 1 guard KO in that situation.

ThePlan.png

Ah, this takes advantage of the fact that the pink guard isn't looking East until he has taken a full step. But the order of movement still matters - if pink moves first, he gets zapped, then yellow sees Monst3r and goes onto overwatch. But 50% of the time it's a better outcome.

New Advanced Guard Protocol sounds great, hope I'll find time to play it! The new options in the Programs Extended mod sound good for a challenge too. I probably shouldn't try both together though...

16 hours ago, warfreak2 said:

Ah, this takes advantage of the fact that the pink guard isn't looking East until he has taken a full step. But the order of movement still matters - if pink moves first, he gets zapped, then yellow sees Monst3r and goes onto overwatch. But 50% of the time it's a better outcome.

New Advanced Guard Protocol sounds great, hope I'll find time to play it! The new options in the Programs Extended mod sound good for a challenge too. I probably shouldn't try both together though...

I actually recomend playing AGP and Programs Extended together (dont forget to configure them, the harder modes are both disabled by default). Also, if you think that any of the agents from Shrish's collection sound useful, use them (Mist *hint hint*). I would also add New Items and Augments as it will not only diversify gameplay but give you some powerful tools which you will need (or it will screw you thanks to RNG). Most importent point is to start with an strong loadout, everything will hang on this one decision. If it is not a tightly designed loadout, chances are you will lose on the first mission, and if not, you will most likely have lost so much on it, that you will lose on your second mission.

tl,dr: Its a very fun mode, but RNG can screw you up even as an experienced player.

3 minutes ago, HumanKirby said:

I actually recomend playing AGP and Programs Extended together (dont forget to configure them, the harder modes are both disabled by default). Also, if you think that any of the agents from Shrish's collection sound useful, use them (Mist *hint hint*). I would also add New Items and Augments as it will not only diversify gameplay but give you some powerful tools which you will need (or it will screw you thanks to RNG). Most importent point is to start with an strong loadout, everything will hang on this one decision. If it is not a tightly designed loadout, chances are you will lose on the first mission, and if not, you will most likely have lost so much on it, that you will lose on your second mission.

tl,dr: Its a very fun mode, but RNG can screw you up even as an experienced player.

Ah yes, this is what I call "Throw Balance Out The Window". I personally don't enjoy it that much, especially because it so far seems obligatory to die at least once on the second mission to half a dozen enforcers that all have 180 line of sight and move across half the map in one turn.

I like how carefully the game is balanced (and at that point everyone who plays endless laughs at me) and I think it's impressive how true most of these mods stay to the original both in terms of balance and theme unless you use any of these two modes.

Though I guess I am partially to blame. In fact it's probably mostly me. Might be a good reason to take a look at rebalancing hard mode again.

In the end it's up to you. If you think ridiculous mode would make a good playthrough then sure go ahead.

On 2017-04-04 at 2:31 PM, wodzu_93 said:

Hard Mode from WAY back (Challenging Enemies)

Mistakes were made.

Archived