3D Fan Art - Grub and Tessa

This is the first game that I have enjoyed so much in a quite while, and I was inspired to try some fanart.  I don't draw anymore but my collaborator Chromadrake has been doing some 3D art, so we thought to try to re-create some Oxygen Not Included Duplicants using a program called DAZ Studio and some props.  

And here is the result - Grub and Tessa!

I was surprised we could cobble together anything that even slightly resembled Dupe outfits.  We had no turtleneck props so I thought to give them techno-collars instead, although that has somewhat grim overtones but then so does the whole game :)

I have ideas for some comedic scenes I'd like to do with these two.  Certainly the game provides plenty of possible ideas as others on this board have shown.   (I can post a larger version of the pic later).

Tessa and Grub HQ small.jpg

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

If you hadn't explained this was a 3d rendering program, I'd mistake this for a photo. Nice job on these.

Thank you!  It's pretty cool what you can do on home PCs nowadays :)

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Are these OCs or random dupes? Do you ship them? (Actually, dw about that second one :p )

I guess you could call them random OCs lol I wanted a pair to do humorous fanart, and these two just kind of came out.  If there are laughs to be had in any shipping situations then that could happen ;)

That reminds me of suggestion from other people on whether there should be interpersonal relationship mechanics in the game, but considering the various hazards facing Dupes, maybe that's best left for fan stories.  

9 hours ago, RKBKirin said:

That reminds me of suggestion from other people on whether there should be interpersonal relationship mechanics in the game,

If the suit colors mean jobs in the future, that could mean something. Racial politics don't seem to matter much in the game because all the dupes have the same goal.

Archived