[Suggestion] Dual Monitor support with modeless pallet windows

The idea being what you do with programs (like Adobe Illustrator) that have many pallets:  You put them all on the second monitor and make your main play windows full screen.  Let's you leave things like jobs, vitals, reports and research open on the second monitor.

Not sure if the Unity engine supports this, but looks like it.

Yeah unity doesn't support it, what you can do in unity is have a single fullscreen game across 2 monitors and being able to drag UI to the other monitor, maybe even show other programs by making the window transparent, but I don't think you will ever be able to interact with other programs without alt tabbing out.

To do things like you want with multiple "pallets" which lets you interact with other programs at the same time on the other monitor would require Klei to create a complicated plugin interacting with the windowing system and avoiding to do such things is the point of using a game engine. Maybe if they had unity's source code they could customize it to do such a thing but even that is no small task.

If you're going to do it, why limit to just two monitors. Single video cards are supporting 4 monitors these days and then if you have two video cards, you can have 8 monitors. I love the idea, but if you're going to do it then keep future technology in mind and make it work on future configurations. ;)

4 hours ago, bwicked said:

If you're going to do it, why limit to just two monitors. Single video cards are supporting 4 monitors these days and then if you have two video cards, you can have 8 monitors. I love the idea, but if you're going to do it then keep future technology in mind and make it work on future configurations. ;)

The only way to make it work as the OP described will make it work with as many monitors as the PC will let you plug in.

Archived