Gas pumps not pumping

Love this game but I am confused by gas pumps, still.

I have a room/cave full of hydrogen, with a gas pump in it connected up to a gas filter and trying to feed a hydrogen generator.

After a while the gas pump stops pumping.  What am I doing wrong here?

Hello @mydran, welcome to the forums. While I may not be as knowledgeable as most people about the game mechanics, I would however still suggest that you post a screenshot of your colony or at the very least a screenshot that covers the gas system that you're having problems with. That way, those who do have the necessary know-how could easily give you suggestions on what you could do to make it work.

In case you need the info: Link on how to take Steam screenshots, To post screenshots to thread  - simply click the choose files... below the text box that appears when you attempt to reply to the thread.

Cheers.

58 minutes ago, mydran said:

After a while the gas pump stops pumping.  What am I doing wrong here?

After a while, the gas pump has sucked most of the hydrogen out of the room, and the air pressure is so low that it can no longer pump. Hover your mouse over the hydrogen in the cave. Does the tooltip say there's almost nothing left? (like below 50g or so?) Look at the tooltip of an undisturbed hydrogen cave and it should say something like 1000g.

Here's a screenshot of a cave I sucked all the hydrogen out of. As you can see from the tooltip, there's only a few grams per square (almost a vacuum).

FUOlnTm.jpg

Oh good lord, I'm an idiot.  I had a break in the pipe that was hidden by a ladder that I thought I had connected with a bridge.

Thanks for the replies and I'll use a screenshot if I post again.

Archived