It become laggy the longer i play

the title said it all, 

at first i start is a bit slower compare i seen others play ONI, as the game progress such as recruit 8 duplicants or build some stuffs it became lag .

i wonder if others experience it?

i was using DELL laptop,

window 7 premium

model: inspirion 1564. processor: Intel(R)Core (TM) i3 CPU  M330@  2.13GHz   2.13GHz

installed memory(RAM) : 4.00GB (3.86 GB usable)

system type: 64-bit operating system

In case a restart of the game (and loading the latest save) dosn't 'fix' it (which would point to memory leaks inside the game):

It is likely that:
1. your CPU (which is somewhat slow) isn't fast enough to run the simulation smoothly (when plenty of stuff happens in a built base)
2. your GPU (also slow, as in the CPU) has problems drawing it fast enough (as there are more objects later in the game)
3. you don't have enough RAM (so your machine swaps, would be visible by your HDD led flickerin while playing).

You could try to end all other programs running (like the pleora that accumulates in the notification area) and closing all other applications prior to starting the game, this could lessen your problem a little.

In case you hear your fan spinning up while playing: clean the cooler (you'll most likely have to disassemble the thing, or have someone do it for you) as Intel CPU tend to clock down when getting hot.

But most likely only a hardware upgrade will solve this long-term.

This is totally normal. The longer you play, the more you build out, the more stuff you build, the more duplicants are added, the more terrain is visible, the more memory is used and the more processing power is needed to keep it running at the same speed.

3 hours ago, Rosten said:

This is totally normal. The longer you play, the more you build out, the more stuff you build, the more duplicants are added, the more terrain is visible, the more memory is used and the more processing power is needed to keep it running at the same speed.

Yeah, just to reiterate, this is pretty expected. As time goes on I'm sure the devs will continue to optimise the game to get it working faster. It's great you posted your specs for them though, as it gives them a good idea of how it's currently performing on a system like yours :)

I'm noticing the lag in build 214633 that I didn't have in previous builds (been playing ONI for a few months). In this build, the game starts fine but about a cycle or 2 in (now as of around cycle 70 but the lag start seems to be happening earlier/faster/sooner as the game progresses) it starts lagging and getting chunky/jerky: it is no longer smooth but lurches as I scroll and the dupes are not smoothly animating. Paused, the game scrolls fine and no lag. If I reload the saved game, it's smooth for a cycle or so but then starts lagging again. Possible memory leak in this build.

I also have some terrible lag the longer I play. But I have pretty much summed it up to just being my computer, since I really can't play ONI and do much else on this laptop. However, I do have a friend who also has a gaming type computer and she does have issues with lag as well the longer she plays ONI. So idk. It honestly might be something worth looking into. Maybe see if the game can be compressed a little more or something. I play games that take up more CPU and and still able to run other programs ... like Chrome, when minimized. 

Yeah same for me i5 7XXX (Something) GTX 1060 , 16 GB RAM. To improve loading times consider SSD - its magic :) Windows loads in 5 secs. Game 1 sec. mmmm....SSD....

Especially lag comes in with ~ 100+ cycle, ~ 8 dupes and in the Overlays of gas or anything else moving..

Alpha... :(

Archived