Oxygen Generation / How to Gas Pipe?

Hello Guys,

can you guys tell me to deliever Oxygen into my base? 

Everytime i fail because of not enough Oxygen.

I have a setup of Electrolyzer, Gas Pumps and Gas Filter an Room. 

Out of this Room goes 1 or more Gas Pipe with fresh Oxygen into the Base.

But from there i have different problems if the Oxygen hits the first vent: 

- There is no Oxygen delieverd to the second vent after the first vent in a straight line

- It says overpressured, even if i put a Gas Valve in between and Oxygen is not delievered to the second vent

The overpressure warning can not be of a overpressure in my room, because nearby Algae Deoxydizer would work if put them on. 

I noticed, if i build a two way crossing, oxygen is delievered in two paths but from there both problems from above applys to the first vent. 

So how do you manage your oxygen? What am i missing? :?

Gas permeable / mesh tiles are one way to let the freshly generated oxygen flow on it's own.

Using a gas pump to move it to several places: have one central vent from the pump, then branch off with 5 valves from it and to a vent each, that'll split the possible 500g/s the pump can move to the 5 vents with 100g/s each - or attach two pumps to the main line and split off to 10 valve+vent combos.

On 26.2.2017 at 11:50 AM, Masterpintsman said:

Gas permeable / mesh tiles are one way to let the freshly generated oxygen flow on it's own.

Using a gas pump to move it to several places: have one central vent from the pump, then branch off with 5 valves from it and to a vent each, that'll split the possible 500g/s the pump can move to the 5 vents with 100g/s each - or attach two pumps to the main line and split off to 10 valve+vent combos.

Ok thank you, in my next run i will try to build this with 5 crossings and look if the oxygen will be delievered. 

On 26.2.2017 at 2:16 PM, Targa_X said:

I've never had much luck using gas pumps to move oxygen around. They simply don't deliver enough volume of air. I just use an open concept design, and airlocks to keep the oxygen inside my base.

20170226081208_1.jpg

But in a larger scale this is not working so good, later on you will need a good oxygen generation 

Hello Guys,

after i tried a little bit with the gas vents it seems like once they got the message overpressured they never leave the state. if i deconstruct the vent and put it back on it will normaly let oxygen out. 

Maybe this should be investigated, do you have the same problems? 

1 hour ago, freiwilly said:

Hello Guys,

after i tried a little bit with the gas vents it seems like once they got the message overpressured they never leave the state. if i deconstruct the vent and put it back on it will normaly let oxygen out. 

Maybe this should be investigated, do you have the same problems? 

Actually, the icon is glitched, it informs you the vent is overpressurized but in fact it works normally, you can tell because each time it receives a "packet" of gas, it twitches. In the other hand, if the vent is truly overpressurized it will stay idle even if it receives a packet of gas. By the way, in this case the gas vanishes.

Archived