Really Workshop mods and Players?

Ok, so I've beeing playing Don't Starve Together and Don't Starve for a very very long time and I noticed that the modders from the Don't Starve were way better than the Don't Starve Together Modders. In Don't Starve we had a lot of "DLC" mods that added lots of lore friendly mods and lot of thing to do, but  Don't Starve was abandoned by the modders and by Klei it self. The Don't Starve Together modders are just making mods that makes DST easier and it's getting kind of hard to find a well balanced "DLC" mod. I see a lot of people that just play with mods that makes DST easier and ruins the gaming experience, I was one of them and I regret a lot for being this type of player. It's time to make the Workshop Great Again!!!

Well, here's one  DLC-type mod that's being made (probably will be the first & last  DLC-type mod since  they're  almost impossible to make). Feast your eyes upon...*dun dun dun*... the Unnatural Selection mod!!

Yeah I cant wait to see Unnatural Selection in all it's glory.

Meanwhile I use this - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=853706342 Pretty balanced grouping some QoL some Whimsy but most important of it focused on making things harder. Tweak to your liking collection wise. Cannibalism, Killers traps, Landmines, Spike traps, Kindling, and Thirst are the core of the difficulty increases in the mod grouping. the rest are preference tweaks.

• Developer
1 hour ago, SuperDavid said:

Feast your eyes upon...*dun dun dun*... the Unnatural Selection mod!!

Oh sweet, you did my advertising job for me, thanks!

1 hour ago, Bunions said:

Yeah I cant wait to see Unnatural Selection in all it's glory.

To be honest, nor can us :)

I guess it's because now everybody, even not-so-skilled people want to mod in DST.

Why? Because they have a friend or a girlfriend/boyfriend they play with. So, they want to make custom characters, even if they're just reskins of Wilson.

People don't come to DST for challenge, they come, so they can play with people they like. (At least majority does, that's why easy-mode mods are this popular).

I'd work on more "complex" mods, but there's no incentive to do so. Unless you really want just to get some praise from strangers, there's no reason to dedicate half/full year worth of your free time to a mod.

10 hours ago, PanAzej said:

I guess it's because now everybody, even not-so-skilled people want to mod in DST.

Why? Because they have a friend or a girlfriend/boyfriend they play with. So, they want to make custom characters, even if they're just reskins of Wilson.

People don't come to DST for challenge, they come, so they can play with people they like. (At least majority does, that's why easy-mode mods are this popular).

I'd work on more "complex" mods, but there's no incentive to do so. Unless you really want just to get some praise from strangers, there's no reason to dedicate half/full year worth of your free time to a mod.

Remember the mod Up and Away? I think klei should have supported them you know? That mod could be a DLC.

• Developer
1 minute ago, Ave_Imperium said:

Remember the mod Up and Away? I think klei should have supported them you know? That mod could be a DLC.

Klei gave them subforums and all. The mod would still be alive, but it's on an indefinite hiatus because Debugman doesn't have enough time to work on it anymore.

3 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Klei gave them subforums and all. The mod would still be alive, but it's on an indefinite hiatus because Debugman doesn't have enough time to work on it anymore.

I know right, but I think they should have asked him if he wanted  to work at klei or ask just him if they could continue his work and make a dlc

Archived