Bug: Stealing is not work on PC

SeregaZ13

I press E and see thishttp://s8.postimage.org/nfo1a1h1x/2_1.jpgI move my mouse to right and nothing happensOver time i see thishttp://s8.postimage.org/m1weeqhsl/3_1.jpgWhat am I doing wrong?

Are you holding down the RIGHT mouse button while you're swiping the mouse? One other person mentioned they've had some trouble with this, but so far, we haven't had any luck reproducing the problem in house.

Are you holding down the RIGHT mouse button while you're swiping the mouse? One other person mentioned they've had some trouble with this, but so far, we haven't had any luck reproducing the problem in house.

I also has this issue.Trying for a New Game + with only using the Path of Silence and not getting detected nor kill anyone.So I'm kinda stuck at the first courier in the Hessian tower...

• MOTD

And yes I am using the RMB. :)I have also tried fooling around with different key bindings. Initiating the steal works fine, but it does not respond to the swipe.

Justcurious...what kind of mouse are you using?Also, does killing people using LMB+Swipe work fine?

• MOTD

I was wondering if you had a crazy gaming mouse. So, one thing to check is your software setup on the mouse. This mouse not only has it's own drivers but an entire suite of software that runs in the background to configure it.

There's a slight chance something is not configured right in the software.

You can grab updated software and drivers from here: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/mice/gaming-mouse-g500

Just click "Downloads" at the top.

Option two, is try and test with a simple mouse. Do you have access to a simple standard mouse? Like a classic Logitech or Microsoft mouse? One that doesn't need it's own drivers to run? Let us know if that works.

I was wondering if you had a crazy gaming mouse. So, one thing to check is your software setup on the mouse. This mouse not only has it's own drivers but an entire suite of software that runs in the background to configure it.

There's a slight chance something is not configured right in the software.

You can grab updated software and drivers from here: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/mice/gaming-mouse-g500

Just click "Downloads" at the top.

Option two, is try and test with a simple mouse. Do you have access to a simple standard mouse? Like a classic Logitech or Microsoft mouse? One that doesn't need it's own drivers to run? Let us know if that works.

I've updated the drivers now, but that did not help. I was running Windows standard drivers before I ran the update now, so I don't think that should've been an issue either way...

I'll try with another mouse as Soon as I have tracked down a "simpler" mouse I can borrow.

• MOTD

Sounds good! Just wanted to confirm that you checked all the software (Logitec Set Point) for your mouse. Make sure that the RMB is actually set to the the physical right button on the mouse.

I'm not very familiar with that particular mouse, but the two software kits available for it on the site show that you can change your layout: http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14175/section/troubleshoot/crid/398/lt_product_id/5750/tabs/1,3,2,4,5/cl/us,en

Sounds good! Just wanted to confirm that you checked all the software (Logitec Set Point) for your mouse. Make sure that the RMB is actually set to the the physical right button on the mouse. I'm not very familiar with that particular mouse, but the two software kits available for it on the site show that you can change your layout: http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14175/section/troubleshoot/crid/398/lt_product_id/5750/tabs/1,3,2,4,5/cl/us,en

Ok, so what I did just moments ago was stealing my GF's mouse. A simple Microsoft 2-button + wheel mouse.Sadly, it still does not work. =/

Just got hit by this problem amongst others (I keep seeing the xbox live controls so it does not help me understand how to do things...), what I did first was:- press E- press RMB- swipe left- release RMBbut what you have to do is:- presse E- release E- press RMB- swipe left- release RMB Hope it helps.

Just got hit by this problem amongst others (I keep seeing the xbox live controls so it does not help me understand how to do things...), what I did first was:- press E- press RMB- swipe left- release RMBbut what you have to do is:- presse E- release E- press RMB- swipe left- release RMB Hope it helps.

Sorry, but that is not helping me. I have tried so many different ways now, but it simply won't work.Thanks for the effort though. :)

I have no idea why, but this is now working properly. I am doing the exact same thing I've always done.Maybe something in my computer fixed itself when I connected my own mouse again, because I don't think anything has been patched? I dunno... :SVery mysterious indeed. But I'm happy that it works. :)Thank you for the support along the way!This is by far one of the best game releases this year!

I have to say I had exactly the same problem with the stealing not working.I had all those buttons popping up (press E, swipe the mouse...etc.) and somehow the game did not respond to anything I did.I am playing on my old trusty labtop (integrated graphics and touchpad mouse).I think I had to try the stealing part 15 times until I got it to work-I think in the end it worked more by chance and luck than my ability.Luckily I am a patient person, so I did not mind doing this part multiple times. :pBut yes, there is definitely a problem with thegame not responding to input at that spot in the game.

Glad this was resolved! Happy stealing :)

Um, it's not resolved, the game doesn't respond to the controls, and despite what other people have said, mashing the controls in a certain order does not work. This is a game bug that should be fixed. Please let us know when this is ACTUALLY resolved. :\

I just recently had problems with this.

Mac OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks)

I decided to get back to playing it and do New Game Plus as a pacifist. When I got to the first steal option, it took me over 30 attempts to get the steal to work. I don't remember having this much trouble with swipes before when beating normal mode months ago.

IIRC, swiping in this game was really weird. The game only seems to recognize my kill swipes if the mouse was trying to move off the edge of the screen. This was originally why I used the path which removes the need to swipe for silent kills. Killing was always throughout the level and swiping is a bit unreliable for getting to the next checkpoint undetected while killing everything.