displaying armor with custom animations

Greetings everyone, thank you for reading my post!

Recently I've been having tons of issues with custom animations and certain things.

Here is the idea and the issue;

A custom animation that has already been created currently cannot display armors, I would like to change this. Are armors linked to the original dont starve animations? Or can they simply not play with custom animations.

if not, what code can be added to prevent the display of armors, weapons, hats and tools? - found a solution to this, question is still unanswered.

Thank you so much for your help.

Edited by Renamon

17 hours ago, halfrose said:

Armor and other equitable tools are part of the animation with their own symbol name. Example. "Swap_body" . For them to appear in your custom animation you need to add them in the animation too

i'll have to look into the games files for future events; I've decided to disable armor and tools and create an alternate method of doing such actions.

Do you know if "swap_body" a stand alone animation set, or a combined animation set, example: "anims/player actions.zip" has the symbols  buck_pst though wakeup in its .anim file, I need to find the build and anim files for the armors and I can't seem to find them in the anim folder...

I would like to decompile it with krane if you happen to know which zip its in, thank you for the information :D

5 hours ago, Renamon said:

i'll have to look into the games files for future events; I've decided to disable armor and tools and create an alternate method of doing such actions.

Do you know if "swap_body" a stand alone animation set, or a combined animation set, example: "anims/player actions.zip" has the symbols  buck_pst though wakeup in its .anim file, I need to find the build and anim files for the armors and I can't seem to find them in the anim folder...

I would like to decompile it with krane if you happen to know which zip its in, thank you for the information :D

swap_body
swap_bodytall
swap_object
swap_hat

and etc, those are literally the sprite names used on player animations, every animation you see in the game with the player, at least most of them, those are literally the armor, hand and hat sprites goes. For you to have them you would have to decompile related objects, and manage to set their pivots in your custom animation and so on.

The build klei uses to animate, has all the required sprites, but they never hand it over, so it is kind of hard in that part.

"Now the reason why when you decompile a character with the animation, why I never get those symbol sprites?"

because the character build file atlas image doesn't have it. If  the atlas doesn't have the image, Krane won't decompile an invisible unexistant item, at least unexistant to the atlas. This is why if you want it you need to decompile any armor, hat item and hand item to get them and then add to your animation folder, name it properly and place its pivot.

19 minutes ago, halfrose said:

swap_body
swap_bodytall
swap_object
swap_hat

and etc, those are literally the sprite names used on player animations, every animation you see in the game with the player, at least most of them, those are literally the armor, hand and hat sprites goes. For you to have them you would have to decompile related objects, and manage to set their pivots in your custom animation and so on.

The build klei uses to animate, has all the required sprites, but they never hand it over, so it is kind of hard in that part.

"Now the reason why when you decompile a character with the animation, why I never get those symbol sprites?"

because the character build file atlas image doesn't have it. If  the atlas doesn't have the image, Krane won't decompile an invisible unexistant item, at least unexistant to the atlas. This is why if you want it you need to decompile any armor, hat item and hand item to get them and then add to your animation folder, name it properly and place its pivot.

Thank you for your response, since the game calls to function the "swap_x" animations yet has no place in the build for characters, it would be better to create an alternate .build and .anim for the existing armors, or simply merge the bank with your existing one.....

so for anyone searching the forms in better terms for custom animations you will have to 

create your animations or copy them/ merge (spriter pro)

add the armor sprites via spriter and give them the correct symbol so when the game attempts to play the old animation in your animation bank it will draw from what you have pooled and allow it to draw from your bank without causing invisibility or not display your armor set.

then set a code to listen for the change of armor.

call a state/ if/then to whenever an action is preformed, make sure to have a listener.symbols like all others might need a swap_body +direction,  like other idle and action animations.

inst.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("swap_body", "yourbankhere", "swap_body")

Refer to halfrose's post to see other swap symbols.

Edited by Renamon