[Help] Invisible Character

The error is pretty basic, but i don't really know what's happening. I even tried re-doing the whole mod. Idk where it went wrong.

It's just that. The entire character and any item it equips are invisible. It still talks, moves, eats, interacts, etc, but i can't see the character model and/or anything it's holding or wearing.

Edited by diovbc
wrong grammar

9 hours ago, diovbc said:

The error is pretty basic, but i don't really know what's happening. I even trying re-doing the whole mod. Idk where it went wrong.

It's just that. The entire character and any item it equips are invisible. It still talks, moves, eats, interacts, etc, but i can't see the character model and/or anything it's holding or wearing.

poste your mod here

• Like 1

@diovbc

The lack of exported archives kind of gave it way, but I still went ahead and decompiled it to be sure. I think you just renamed the generated anim .zip file, which doesn't actually changes the build name. Deleting it and running the game (to let the autocompiler generate the anim .zip) seems to have fixed the issue.

10 minutes ago, Ryuushu said:

@diovbc

The lack of exported archives kind of gave it way, but I still went ahead and decompiled it to be sure. I think you just renamed the generated anim .zip file, which doesn't actually changes the build name. Deleting it and running the game (to let the autocompiler generate the anim .zip) seems to have fixed the issue.

Welp. It gives me an error.

[00:03:37]: error calling LoadPrefabFile in mod workshop-844706146 (Yukihime): 
[string "scripts/util.lua"]:449: Could not find an asset matching anim/yukihime.zip in any of the search paths.
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
        =[C] in function 'assert'
        scripts/util.lua(449,1) in function 'resolvefilepath'
        scripts/mainfunctions.lua(70,1) in function 'RegisterPrefabs'
        scripts/mainfunctions.lua(98,1)
        =(tail call) ?
        =[C] in function 'xpcall'
        scripts/mods.lua(131,1)
        scripts/mods.lua(570,1) in function 'RegisterPrefabs'
        scripts/gamelogic.lua(216,1) in function 'LoadAssets'
        scripts/gamelogic.lua(802,1)
        =[C] in function 'SetPersistentString'
        scripts/saveindex.lua(176,1) in function 'Save'
        scripts/saveindex.lua(362,1)
        =[C] in function 'SerializeWorldSession'
        scripts/networking.lua(275,1) in function 'SerializeWorldSession'
        scripts/saveindex.lua(365,1) in function 'OnGenerateNewWorld'
        scripts/gamelogic.lua(813,1) in function 'cb'
        scripts/screens/worldgenscreen.lua(144,1) in function 'OnUpdate'
        scripts/frontend.lua(587,1) in function 'Update'
        scripts/update.lua(94,1)    

That means its not compiling correctly. Any idea why?

Edited by diovbc

10 minutes ago, Ryuushu said:

@diovbc

That means it isn't compiling for some reason.. hmm, weird. Try disabling all your mods except this one and then try running the game.

I rebooted the game to make it compile again and it worked, but the character's still invisible. When you did it, the sample character appeared?

2 hours ago, diovbc said:

I'm not. Using Windows 10 here.

oh ok, because Mac for some reason has some compiling issues at times. In this case I am not really sure, but here. I have a separated compiler I use which I got when I learned to do mods from the sample character template.

when you want to compile just drop the folder of your mod over it and it will compile it, it prevents from you having to open the game all the time

compiler.cmd

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, halfrose said:

oh ok, because Mac for some reason has some compiling issues at times. In this case I am not really sure, but here. I have a separated compiler I use which I got when I learned to do mods from the sample character template.

when you want to compile just drop the folder of your mod over it and it will compile it, it prevents from you having to open the game all the time

compiler.cmd

Woah, thanks! It makes it infinitely more simple. Today i figured out a way to make it compile, but it was really stubborn to do. This makes things quicker.

This post can be closed. Thanks for everyone!