The year of the Gobbler problem

Hello everyone. I run private server with few of my friends and we started game when christmas event was on, now, when Christmas event is gone, we dont have the new event fully active. We have got the new pet, but we cannot craft gobbler shrine and the rest of stuff. Is there way to change event without losing the save (over 100days, what is quite a lot if u dont play often)? Cheers and thanks in advance.

The host can run the console command for activating creative mode. Then craft the shrine, and deactivating it afterward.

Else, the host can directly use console command to spawn the shrine at the mouse pointer.

Either way requires console command. You may search wiki for the exact command line.

4 minutes ago, Reinicke said:

Is it impossible to activate new event or sth? Because i know, that on new server i can craft it actually, so i wonder if it is only my problem or is it standard.

I have an very old world, and there is no problem with it. The event does not need to be activated or something. Event for them is just adding new stuff, and then removing them after some time. It is still the same dst.

For you probably is just a bug, or you missed something out.

Console command will do the trick.

• Developer
4 hours ago, Reinicke said:

Hello everyone. I run private server with few of my friends and we started game when christmas event was on, now, when Christmas event is gone, we dont have the new event fully active. We have got the new pet, but we cannot craft gobbler shrine and the rest of stuff. Is there way to change event without losing the save (over 100days, what is quite a lot if u dont play often)? Cheers and thanks in advance.

Did you turn on the winter's feast event in the world gen settings or did was it left on default? If it's default then it should be working. You can try validating the game cache via steam if the gobbler shrine is not showing up in the crafting menu. Also, try hosting a new game and check if that works.

If you changed the world gen setting then there is a command you can run to change it back to default (I don't know it off the top of my head, let me know if you need it).

11 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Did you turn on the winter's feast event in the world gen settings or did was it left on default? If it's default then it should be working. You can try validating the game cache via steam if the gobbler shrine is not showing up in the crafting menu. Also, try hosting a new game and check if that works.

If you changed the world gen setting then there is a command you can run to change it back to default (I don't know it off the top of my head, let me know if you need it).

Yeah, we pick Winter Feast in game settings, so may you give us the command to change this setting to default? Thanks a lot once again.

• Developer
2 hours ago, Reinicke said:

Yeah, we pick Winter Feast in game settings, so may you give us the command to change this setting to default? Thanks a lot once again.

Unfortunately the command I saw others posting about disabling previous events doesn't save/load correctly. 

The "unofficial hack" to remove the event would be as follows:

• find the index of the server (this is the same as the ordering of the servers in the host server screen, the top of the list being #1)
  • load the server
  • in the console enter (if you are running caves, make sure it says "remote" beside the text box, press Crtl to toggle it):
    • SaveGameIndex.data.slots[5].world.options[1].overrides.specialevent = "default"
      • NOTE: replace the '5' with your server's index
    • save the game: c_save()
  • shut down the server
  • next time you play the world it should be back to default

@ScottHansen, use this instead and restart:

TheWorld.topology.overrides.specialevent = "default"

Your suggestion changes the event visible when joining or hosting (for single-shard servers anyway), but isn't applied in-game, even after reloading. (Bump. ApplySpecialEvent() was recently changed in the beta, but it's mostly the same.)

On 17-1-2017 at 8:47 PM, alainmcd said:

@ScottHansen, use this instead and restart:

TheWorld.topology.overrides.specialevent = "default"

Your suggestion changes the event visible when joining or hosting (for single-shard servers anyway), but isn't applied in-game, even after reloading. (Bump. ApplySpecialEvent() was recently changed in the beta, but it's mostly the same.)

Is this command the same if you are not in the beta and want to transform a WF server to default? I can't seem to get it to work.

@Kittydub, yes, start your game, type that line into the console, shut down the server and relaunch it. Quickest way to know if it worked is to check the Structures tab for the Tree Planter or the Gobbler Shrine.

edit: Gobbler Shrine isn't in the main branch yet, so you should see neither of them.

3 minutes ago, alainmcd said:

@Kittydub, yes, start your game, type that line into the console, shut down the server and relaunch it. Quickest way to know if it worked is to check the Structures tab for the Tree Planter or the Gobbler Shrine.

Doesn't work on the main branch. The Gobbler shrine isn't even in the main branch yet (as far as I know), I just have enough candies already that I want it to be set on Default now instead of WF. I just checked if the Tree Planter and the Gift Wrap was still there and it was. I tried this command multiple times. I'll just restart again I guess. Thanks anyway!

Yeah, I remembered about the Shrine right after hitting send. Are you hosting a world with caves or a dedicated server? If so, remember you must see "remote" in the console, and pasting commands into the console removes the "remote" as soon as you release the Ctrl key.

12 minutes ago, alainmcd said:

Yeah, I remembered about the Shrine right after hitting send. Are you hosting a world with caves or a dedicated server? If so, remember you must see "remote" in the console, and pasting commands into the console removes the "remote" as soon as you release the Ctrl key.

Oh my god. This is the part where I apologize for being a complete idiot. That was it! Thank you so, so much!

On 1/17/2017 at 6:30 AM, ScottHansen said:

PS4 player here. I have a day 600 server that my gf and I play almost every day. All settings are default except world size is large. Would I be getting the year of the gobbler features when it is released on console without starting a new world. I really hope so because we really wouldnt want to start a new world as my gf and I have spent a lot of time on this world.

• Developer
6 hours ago, Spyro1 said:

PS4 player here. I have a day 600 server that my gf and I play almost every day. All settings are default except world size is large. Would I be getting the year of the gobbler features when it is released on console without starting a new world. I really hope so because we really wouldnt want to start a new world as my gf and I have spent a lot of time on this world.

Yes, if you leave the Event world gen setting to the default value then all events will enter and leave your existing world. 

Archived