how can people see my server's ping value?

My server's ping is ???, and I know that is because my ip is assigned by my ISP, which is use NAT to do this. But i just want others can see my server's ping, so the appropriate people can play with me although we are not friends.

if anyone know that how to solve this annoying problem, help me plz ....:(

• Developer

Just need to set up port forwarding through your router. Instructions will depend on the model of router you have, they can usually be found by googling "<model> port forwarding". The port you want to forward is generally 10999

2 hours ago, nome said:

Just need to set up port forwarding through your router. Instructions will depend on the model of router you have, they can usually be found by googling "<model> port forwarding". The port you want to forward is generally 10999

Wow @nome Look at you! Back to the good old Don't Starve Together Forums, I remember when you were active on these threads, memes were born from it. Welcome back btw and Welcome back Klei from your vacation.

• Developer

SOCKET_PORT_ALREADY_IN_USE means two or more programs are all trying to listen on a single UDP port. First come first served, the second guy gets that error message. Go through your config and give different listen addresses to each server, should fix your problem. Don't forget to forward the ports in your router if you want pings to show up to other users.

On 6.01.2017 at 2:28 PM, MrFurphie said:

Well, like I didn't see as many posts from you in the General, I noticed some from you in regards of the PS4 DST though.

@nome is a sneaky one.
'Mark of the @nome', you know. He can sneak around being careful not to make a sound, live a like or two if you were good and then disappear using smoke bomb, leaving you confused.

I've had that problem with my server once too. It's what @nome said. But if you copy/pasted from the dedicated server setup guide, the caves server may have started up as a 2nd master, which means they'll use the same config file, and thus the same port. If both ports are changed in both shards, simply try to erase and put back the space between "-shard" and "Caves" in the launch file. That fixed it to me, so I thought I'd let ya know.

Archived