Annoyed(Slight rant)

I know this is a wall of text but please read.

So here is my issue.The absolute lack of information regarding the release date.The trailer says late 2016 early 2017.

Most of us were hoping that meant early access 2016 end and full game 2017.However that did not happen obviously.Now don't get me wrong I am a real klei fan and have been checking the steam store daily.But this is the problem.

Because we just have a "when it's ready" and nothing else what does that mean.Does it mean I have to save my money for 2 months,6 months,a year?.

If we had some indication of when early access will be available we can plan better.For instance when you say" We’re working toward an early Alpha right now".Do you mean that is what is going on the store?.Does it mean it still has to reach beta and then only go into early access?.The thing is we are soooo hyped for this game.But that hype can turn bad.Example:I am so hyped playing this game that I am considering buying rimworld and factario to scratch my urge.However if I buy this my management category is going to be full and I wouldn't want to spend anymore money on the same theme game.Not only this but my wife feels the same.So that is 2 transactions that you are going to lose should we do it.

We are only 2 people but if we feel this way how many more feel exactly the same?.And we are your clients.Without us you are nothing.

Please Klei all I am asking for is a clear answer on an  estimation.If it's only estimated being ready in 1 year that's fine.If its only in 6 months that's fine too.However the knowledge of where we are makes it all bearable.If we get to 6 months and then its like look a,b and c happend and the game has been delayed is fine too cause then we know what is going on.You already missed the 2016 (assumed early access) mark.

Obviously I am only a single person and who cares what 1 person on a rant thinks right:-)?

The estimate is late 2016, early 2017 - 2016 is over, so then... early 2017.=)

We hope 

We'll see. It's hard to really say with this sort of thing.  We are working towards a playable, enjoyable experience that deserves to be tested and played. It's much more important to us that a version of the game is released in a way that delivers on the promise of what the game is. And sometimes that takes time. 

Often times we will build something with an idea and completely scrap that because it doesn't deliver the experience we are looking for. And that takes time. We don't just say "when it's ready" to be cheeky and cute, we mean it. It's important to us. It's why we make games.

So. I am sorry that it frustrates you. Believe me, we are excited to get it out too, but we have to contain that excitement until we have something we believe deserves your attention. 

And when that time comes, we will be more than happy to let everybody know!

To add onto what Mr. Wreggelsworth said, a good rule of thumb is to assume the last possible point of time that is still within the predicted timespan. I mean, DST released on the very last calendar day of the season it was promised for.

I for my part don't expect any big information until May. Might seem very long, but as said, it's better to give it more time.

Besides, you can still buy ONI a few months or even a year after it has been released. Game developers suffer a lack of consistent income but consistent expenses, so spreading the income out a bit isn't so bad. (I think???)

8 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

You know they rock when the almighty watcher posts within an hour on New Year's turnover early in the morning (their time).

I can only agree. However, is there a possibility for you guys to maybe stream some of it on your "RWP" - show on Thursdays? It would be awesome to see how much the game changed and developed since the last time in September when you revealed it.

Nevertheless I am curious and hyped and hope to get my hands on the game as soon as possible. I wish you the best of luck in 2017.

Archived