[Game Update] - 109

JanH

Don't Starve Together Patch 1.09 - 19/12/2016 (PlayStation 4)

• Added A New Reign (Parts 1 and 2) content
  • Added Winter's Feast content
  • Fixed a rare crash when launching a server
  • Reduced the volume of the intro cinematic

* You do not need to generate a new world to enjoy the new content. It should be added to your existing worlds automatically.

Known Crashes:

• Woodie as beaver gnawing a newly planted Xmas tree causes crash. 
  • Players hammering a burnt Xmas tree causes crash.

Minimaps:
PLEASE NOTE: You will lose your minimap after this update (Steam users had to deal with this as well). It's one time for each existing world and necessary for the improved mapping features (cartographer's desk, trade-able maps, etc)

View full update

• Like 3

Local split-screen seems to stop the players from connecting to the server in the new update. Both of us can join individually, but when we try to join together -- split screen -- we just get 'connecting...' forever. This started for us with this update. Both are signed into PSN accounts as far as I can tell. I understand that was an issue from before.

• Like 2

• Developer
13 minutes ago, Axxxel said:

Hi ho ho :). Who is gonna play tonight like crazyyy :).

Btw, what we call minimap (sorry for the lame question)? On ps4 we have only map :)...Which is not "mini" (here is the beer talking) :).

Thank you for this update :)

Yes, the map. Sorry for the confusion, we programmers call it the minimap around here.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Archivist said:

Local split-screen seems to stop the players from connecting to the server in the new update. Both of us can join individually, but when we try to join together -- split screen -- we just get 'connecting...' forever. This started for us with this update. Both are signed into PSN accounts as far as I can tell. I understand that was an issue from before.

I'm having the same issue. Both players can log in successfully but can't connect to the world. Started when we updated.

Edited by Rawr-
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Archivist said:

We just played split screen with my girlfriend and we don't have this problem. But we play our own world. And it's public and everyone can join and play. But we had another one - moon phases were missing from the HUD.

Edited by Axxxel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Archivist said:

Same issue with you. But I met it from patch 108 (I have just bought it for my PS4). I have to close Don't Starve Together application and try resume world again and again. 

But now I am so exicited for a new patch 109 from Klei. :D Can not wait for playing it tonight. Hihihi Hohoho (I love  Winter's Feast content).

Thank you for your Christmas, Klei! Merry Christmas to all of you!!! :p

My girlfriend just report to me that she tried to join public dedicated server and the whole game crashed with some error and option to send error report. When she started the game again, there was message that all game saves are gone and only option to continue.

Now all our worlds are gone and I can't bring them back, because her account is not with PS+.

13 hours ago, Rawr- said:

I'm having the same issue. Both players can log in successfully but can't connect to the world. Started when we updated.

An update to this:

After several hours, I was able to get into the world normally with split screen and winter content. However, after that play session, the problem resumed.

11 hours ago, Axxxel said:

We just played split screen with my girlfriend and we don't have this problem. But we play our own world. And it's public and everyone can join and play. But we had another one - moon phases were missing from the HUD.

Thank you. We were playing local only. We can now set it to public, three players and password it as a workaround. The wife and I are not wanting random players in the world. Looks like local split-screen is the culprit for now.

Does increasing the player number increase the health of mobs?

On 19.12.2016 at 11:50 PM, Archivist said:

We have same problem here. My account is PSN+ and my friend has just free PSN account. We were playing together in online server succesfully. After the last update, we could not join the server together. Screen stuck on "Connecting..." part. In addition, we could join the online server with seperately. Any idea for my issue?