Griefer Clutch, or Fast Thinking and Luck Saved My Base

To start this off with, let me give a little backstory. Both me and a friend had been looking for a server that doesn't lag and is in autumn. A tough search sometimes, but it was done. I decided to play as Webber and they had decided to play as Wigfrid. Around day 15, we had fridges, crock pots, an alchemy engine, 11 gears to spare, berry/grass/twig farms, stacks of honey and food to last us probably past winter. Everything was going fine, and some people had even stopped by for a little while to spend the night as they were passing by. Among these people, one person decided to stay.

This person (who I won't name unless it's absolutely necessary) was playing as Wilson, which had made them unsuspecting towards me. Usually the biggest offender in fire griefing is Willow, so I didn't pay too much attention. When I noticed them, it was when I returned from looting the swamp and killing different things there for both monster meat, fish, silk, etc. No one else was there, and my friend was hunting for meat. I was sleeping in a tent and decided to leave my computer while I slept, since I was completely filled and there was little time left in the night anyways. When I came back, I saw them lightning trees, farms, crock pots, and everything else on fire. Once I moved, they immediately left.

We worked so hard on that base that I just didn't want to let it burn. So, I thought quickly and used ice from the fridge and the mosquito sacks to put the fires out. I had to be pretty precise because I hadn't intentionally grabbed mosquito sacks while I was in the swamp, they were just dropped from them due to spiders attacking them. I had about four shots and had none to spare after that. Meanwhile, my friend comes back and just notices that the trees are now burnt.

There was little damage done, and I had a good laugh from the failed attempt. I did have to leave a little later, since I'm actually very sick right now. It did put a smile on my face, so thanks random griefer. (don't ever do that again)

tl;dr:

Stopped fire from spreading with quickly crafted water balloons.

WebberWigfrid Firefighter.png

4 hours ago, mikesdaman said:

To start this off with, let me give a little backstory. Both me and a friend had been looking for a server that doesn't lag and is in autumn. A tough search sometimes, but it was done. I decided to play as Webber and they had decided to play as Wigfrid. Around day 15, we had fridges, crock pots, an alchemy engine, 11 gears to spare, berry/grass/twig farms, stacks of honey and food to last us probably past winter. Everything was going fine, and some people had even stopped by for a little while to spend the night as they were passing by. Among these people, one person decided to stay.

This person (who I won't name unless it's absolutely necessary) was playing as Wilson, which had made them unsuspecting towards me. Usually the biggest offender in fire griefing is Willow, so I didn't pay too much attention. When I noticed them, it was when I returned from looting the swamp and killing different things there for both monster meat, fish, silk, etc. No one else was there, and my friend was hunting for meat. I was sleeping in a tent and decided to leave my computer while I slept, since I was completely filled and there was little time left in the night anyways. When I came back, I saw them lightning trees, farms, crock pots, and everything else on fire. Once I moved, they immediately left.

We worked so hard on that base that I just didn't want to let it burn. So, I thought quickly and used ice from the fridge and the mosquito sacks to put the fires out. I had to be pretty precise because I hadn't intentionally grabbed mosquito sacks while I was in the swamp, they were just dropped from them due to spiders attacking them. I had about four shots and had none to spare after that. Meanwhile, my friend comes back and just notices that the trees are now burnt.

There was little damage done, and I had a good laugh from the failed attempt. I did have to leave a little later, since I'm actually very sick right now. It did put a smile on my face, so thanks random griefer. (don't ever do that again)

tl;dr:

Stopped fire from spreading with quickly crafted water balloons.

WebberWigfrid Firefighter.png

I love how you reacted. And how Wigfrid leans on Webber's shoulder.

12 hours ago, Endrew said:

That's a pretty clutch save. I ought to keep water balloons with me at all times in multiplayer.

By the way what's your steam?

Balloons can be a godsend, provided you don't accidentally soak your friends... or they soak you... About Steam, clickity-click. But what's the matter? Are you interested in our group servers or something?

5 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Balloons can be a godsend, provided you don't accidentally soak your friends... or they soak you... About Steam, clickity-click. But what's the matter? Are you interested in our group servers or something?

Yeah, I'm looking for good groups. I've had some pretty bad experiences in the past with bad players. 

I just gotta say, that.  Is like.  The best picture ever.  XD  Just, the realistic hose spraying not water but entire cartoony balloons, and...(cracks up)

And I wish I could act that quickly--the one time my base got purposefully griefed by fire, I was nowhere near it.  More recently _I_ accidentally started a fire in base 'cos I was playing Willow and I'm all about the original pyromaniac version.  But since I'm also totally fire resistant, I just stood there and manually put out all the drying racks every time one started smouldering until it was over.

Afterwards another player asked why I didn't just get ice out of the fridge and I was like..."I didn't think of it."  : P 

And THAT'S how to deal with both a character's advantages _and_ disadvantages properly, folks!  Thank you!  (blows kisses)

But still, seriously, good thinking, and great picture.  Hee.

...Notorious

Archived