What do you want from a Don't Starve sequel/reboot

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'd love to see the single player game get New Reign content before Klei focuses on the future of the series. Mainly would love to see a movie on William Carter's downfall to the characters being snatched in for character development reasons.

That would be cool (the movies) - but I don't think that will come to SP.

I did have the idea of a game set in the timeline with Wilson on the throne. You play Adventure Mode as Charlie, for example.

Well, if there were a sequel, I would like the standard thing you would expect from a sequel - just being bigger and wider than the original. 

For one, Shipwrecked-style seafaring (though a bit more fleshed out) would be a standard feature from the get-go, and the world would be more meaningfully divided, with some special biomes in the north and in the south (think Walrus country up in the north, and the desert with the local dragonfly population deep in the south). I also would love to see buildings that you can enter. I always wanted that in the normal singleplayer experience, the ultimate Taff you! to THEM - building yourself a nice cozy home and lead a comfortable life despite THEIR best efforts to ruin your life.

Story-wise, I don't have any special desires because I'm not as invested as most people on the forums seem to be. I'll just let Klei work their magic on that aspect and enjoy watching other people solve all the puzzles as usual.

Some canon timeline for the lore would be nice and cutscenes and how bout some hunters like the mactusk but they would be more the player in that they are bound by the gameplay mechnics so they would have to build bases and satisfy their needs to And as time went on more would be added so it would be like a mctusk all year around but with out like the whole tracking the hounds do. As they can steal items or kill mctusk and take his stuff before you.

Archived