Tree Guard Spawning

Is there actually anything that can stop a treeguard from spawning? me and my friend are on day 113 now, and i have yet to see a tree guard, i cut dozens of trees as i have lots around my base.. can a different non grassy biome such as the birchnut biome prevent them from spawning?

I don't think there's anything that can stop them from spawning unless you've changed the spawn frequency in the world settings. It's likely just some really bad/good luck. I remember once I was trying to get some living logs for a shadow manipulator and I ended up with about 3 chests completely full of logs before one spawned.

put bearger and deerclops aside, the best way to do it:

1) Plant 100+ trees as close together as possible. The more the better.

2) Befriend 4 pigs. Ask your friend to do the same

3) Start cutting down trees.

Once I was playing with my friend and also never got a treeguard, then we needed the living logs for some magic and we managed to cut down over 100 trees before he appeared.

I was planting a lot of pinecones and burning the trees for big amounts of coal. Not sure if burning counts towards treeguard's spawn chance, but that would explain it, along with treeguards not spawning because of forest fires.

Archived