HARDEST BOSS BATTLE EVER

Thoughts boss in don't starve?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the toughest boss in don't starve?

• Treeguard
    • Spider Queen
    • Deerclops
    • Ancient Guardian
    • Bearger
    • Goose\Goose
    • Dragonfly
    • Palm Treeguard
    • Tiger Shark
    • Qwacken
    • Sealnado

The problem with the bosses is their high amount of HP, the combat in Don't starve is very simple, almost every boss have 1 to 3 attacks, then all these battles are just hit, hit, back and repeat, that's not hard, just exhaustive.

At least in Shipwrecked the bosses are different in land and sea, or in together they have more behaviours and habilities but I chose the spiderqueen because the battle (at least alone) gets complicated with their spider warriors

The dragonfly. Nuff said.

Though seriously, i hate it. It just takes so much preparation. I hardly use gunpowder (a bit overconfident in my kiting skills). You have to find two rocks and then beat it, all the while suffering from heat.

The second one would have to be the Spider Queen, especially in shipwrecked. Those damn warriors!

10 hours ago, Rily said:

The problem with the bosses is their high amount of HP, the combat in Don't starve is very simple, almost every boss have 1 to 3 attacks, then all these battles are just hit, hit, back and repeat, that's not hard, just exhaustive.

At least in Shipwrecked the bosses are different in land and sea, or in together they have more behaviours and habilities but I chose the spiderqueen because the battle (at least alone) gets complicated with their spider warriors

Yes but spider queen doesn't have more hp then any other boss. The dragonfly and ancient guardian have A LOT in Don't starve together.

12 hours ago, Prakhar said:

The dragonfly. Nuff said.

Though seriously, i hate it. It just takes so much preparation. I hardly use gunpowder (a bit overconfident in my kiting skills). You have to find two rocks and then beat it, all the while suffering from heat.

The second one would have to be the Spider Queen, especially in shipwrecked. Those damn warriors!

Really? i think it would be Ancient guardian because he does more damage than any other boss and has with 2500 hp in don't starve regular and 10000 in don't starve together. i know dragonfly has more than That but still ancient guardian is much faster and does more damage while the dragonfly only has more hp.

On 24/10/2016 at 7:27 AM, Superchicken64 said:

Really? i think it would be Ancient guardian because he does more damage than any other boss and has with 2500 hp in don't starve regular and 10000 in don't starve together. i know dragonfly has more than That but still ancient guardian is much faster and does more damage while the dragonfly only has more hp.

The thing is, with ancient guardian it does in a straight line and can be avoided and has a cool down period. The dragonfly moves WHILE attacking, it's night impossible without a 70% or something speed boost.

7 hours ago, Prakhar said:

The thing is, with ancient guardian it does in a straight line and can be avoided and has a cool down period. The dragonfly moves WHILE attacking, it's night impossible without a 70% or something speed boost.

ESH DUDE its NOT A STRAIGHT LINE! it actually can change direction.

For me it would have to be the Sealnado. That jerk always ends any good shipwrecked run I start. The main reason I hate him is because of how he always spawns at the worst times, when the storm is at its peak and strong winds prevent you from escaping his AoE suck attack (Which by the way is complete BS)

As far as I know you can't really bait other mobs into dealing with him for you either, because both pigs and water beefalo are rare and the sealnado doesn't seem interested in them.

I'd have to say sealnado to be one of my hardest if I'm not Wigfrid or Wolfgang 

legit it's the only boss I sometimes rarely prepare for and it destroys me if I'm not prepared in land but in sea not a big hassle but it's a challenging boss 

2nd I'd have to say is the ancient guardian because ruins and it's the final countdown 

But every other boss I can take care of even dragonfly which is probably the easiest boss out there for me in DS but DST 

we already know that boss got steroids 

On 10/31/2016 at 6:15 PM, porps said:

1 - Ancient Gaurdian (mostly due to only being found in the ruins)

2 - Dragonfly (though after awhile and with a bit of preperation he becomes fairly easy)

3 - Varg (can be a real pain in the ass.

OMG TOTALY AGGRED FOR THE FIRST TWO! however... the varg is not actually a boss is what the wiki said. plus: it only has 600 hp in don't starve regular and 1800 hp in don't starve together.

On 10/31/2016 at 6:50 PM, FloomRide said:

For me it would have to be the Sealnado. That jerk always ends any good shipwrecked run I start. The main reason I hate him is because of how he always spawns at the worst times, when the storm is at its peak and strong winds prevent you from escaping his AoE suck attack (Which by the way is complete BS)

As far as I know you can't really bait other mobs into dealing with him for you either, because both pigs and water beefalo are rare and the sealnado doesn't seem interested in them.

Hmmm... sealnado is defiantly a jerk... and has 3000 hp... so thats a good guess. 

On 10/31/2016 at 10:52 PM, MrDeepDarkmind said:

I'd have to say sealnado to be one of my hardest if I'm not Wigfrid or Wolfgang 

legit it's the only boss I sometimes rarely prepare for and it destroys me if I'm not prepared in land but in sea not a big hassle but it's a challenging boss 

2nd I'd have to say is the ancient guardian because ruins and it's the final countdown 

But every other boss I can take care of even dragonfly which is probably the easiest boss out there for me in DS but DST 

we already know that boss got steroids 

well I'm going to show you the 5 of my opinon

5. Bearger

4. Goose/Goose

3. Sealnado

2. Dragonfly

1. Ancient guardian

Archived