Few questions about the Seaworthy :)

MonsieurO

Hello everyone,

Here I come with a few questions regarding the use of the seaworthy. Usually, the wiki contains everything one needs about Don't Starve but for once, I'm going to have to call out the knowledge of this community !

If I travel for the first time from one existing world to another existing world, let's say for instance from RoG to Shipwrecked, which of the characters will I keep ? Can I choose ? The wiki says that you keep the SW character, but it feels outdated, probably from when you could only travel from SW to RoG, and not the other way around.

I'd also like to know if the time still passes in the linked world. For instance, if I travel to SW the beginning of Winter and make sure my SW was at the beginning of autumn, I could potentially travel back and forth so that I never have to face difficult seasons (which I'm not going to do, but might come in handy). Is that possible ?

I know there's been a lot of bugs recently about sw (especially with that last update) and I wanted to know if now is a good time to connect my worlds (800days rog, 100days sw). Is there any bugs I should be aware of ? Do the caves still disappear or merge with the volcano for instance ?

And last but not least : do you keep your inventions when you travel ? If I travel to SW to RoG will I be able to build SW specific structure (like cheminea for instance) in RoG ?

Thanks a lot for reading and, hopefully, helping a mate out ;)

Hi! I think I can help you with a few ones:

12 hours ago, MonsieurO said:

If I travel for the first time from one existing world to another existing world, let's say for instance from RoG to Shipwrecked, which of the characters will I keep ? Can I choose ? The wiki says that you keep the SW character, but it feels outdated, probably from when you could only travel from SW to RoG, and not the other way around.

If you travel to an already existent world you keep your character you're travelling with, and of course all your inventory. Immediately after your travel you'll be next a grave and a shovel, digging it will grant you all the items the character of that wold had.

On a side note, if you happen to have either Snow/Shadow Chester or Fire/Fat Packim Baggims in your destination world, before you travel drop the Eyebone/Fishbone or you will lose them and all their content.

13 hours ago, MonsieurO said:

I know there's been a lot of bugs recently about sw (especially with that last update) and I wanted to know if now is a good time to connect my worlds (800days rog, 100days sw). Is there any bugs I should be aware of ? Do the caves still disappear or merge with the volcano for instance ?

According to the last update, you keep your already existent caves. I haven't had the chance to test it myself though.

13 hours ago, MonsieurO said:

And last but not least : do you keep your inventions when you travel ? If I travel to SW to RoG will I be able to build SW specific structure (like cheminea for instance) in RoG ?

Sadly... no. You still can craft something in one world and travel to the other one, unless it's a placeable (a building).

I Hope I was of help. 

Archived