No Leaderboards on PC?

channie

Hey Klei,I was wondering why you decided to remove the leaderboards from the PC version. AFAIK you did them for Shank 2 so I don't really understand why you changed your mind about that.Also be advised the Steam store page does not mention MotN supports Steam Cloud. Indeed it does!

• MOTD

Hey Channie,It wasn't really of a case of us removing them as it was not adding them. Right now we're listening to player feedback, like yours to gauge interest. It is something that would require some work to integrate into the PC build, but we may add them later in an update. As for Steam Cloud, good point! We should add that into our notes. Thanks for the heads up!

To add on to what Corey said, on PC it's *much* harder for us to prevent hacking than it is on the Xbox. So having a leaderboard that's full of hacked high scores isn't really going to enhance anyone's experience. So we're definitely looking at this, and it's something we could add in an update, but we want to make sure it'll be something that's a positive experience for folks =)

To add on to what Corey said, on PC it's *much* harder for us to prevent hacking than it is on the Xbox. So having a leaderboard that's full of hacked high scores isn't really going to enhance anyone's experience. So we're definitely looking at this, and it's something we could add in an update, but we want to make sure it'll be something that's a positive experience for folks =)

I think the best solution to this would be to make a friends-only leaderboard. This would prevent hackers from ruining the game for people AND encourage game sales ("hey man, you should get this game and try to beat my scores!").Other things to think about are speedrun/challenge modes for levels. Lose all the story stuff, let the players pick their suit and gadgets, and cut 'em loose. Leaderboards for points and speed would both be amazing. I'll reference Dustforce as a game that did this very well. They had separate tabs for score/time, as well as global/friends: post-886-13764589261814_thumb.jpgAlso replays would be excellent but that's just very wishful thinking.

lets weigh the optionswith leaderboards you can:1) view potentially hacked top scores2) view friends scores3) view your own scoreswithout leaderboards you can:1) view no scoresi would think any of the 3 would beat having absolutely nothing, and at least 2 out of 3 would outweigh even the probability of hacked scores

It depends on how timeconsuming the intergation of leaderboards really is...They are well and good, but as indie devs you probably don't have the resources to make everyone happy...You have my vote for the leaderboards, but a proper coop-campaign would be much higher on my priority list (also a fine selling point for a good bunch of people)