Game is crashing randomly

The game was running normally for hours yesterday, but today it started crashing every 2-5 minutes while ingame, in a mission or even in the main menu, it might've had something to do with the fact that my power cut out 2 hours before the crashing started, i hope to find some help here.  

i'll upload the invisibleinc.txt file aswell if it helps

invisibleinc.txt

• Developer

It looks like it's dying while trying to load all the textures into memory. I'm not sure what happened, your computer was able to run it before, but it seems like now it can't.

You can try manually changing the options to reduce things like screen resolution and see if that helps. 

In Documents\Klei\InvisibleInc\settings\settings.lua  you will find these lines, try changing any or all of them and see if your game will load:

table [ "enableLightingFX" ] = true  Change it to    table [ "enableLightingFX" ] = false
    table [ "enableOptionalDecore" ] = true   Change it to     table [ "enableOptionalDecore" ] = false
    table [ "shadowQuality" ] = 3   Change to    table [ "shadowQuality" ] = 1

Change these as a set:

table [ "width" ] = XXXX    Change to     table [ "width" ] = 1024   You can try even lower like 800

table [ "height" ] = XXXX   Change to    table [ "height" ] = 768    You can try even lower like 600

3 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

With the power cutting out, I'd try running a hardware diagnostics test to ensure that your RAM is still good, and something with the GPU to ensure its VRAM is also still good.

well every other game seems to be fine, so i doubt that my hardware is fried or damaged.

Entry log 6 

It's been 5 days since last i was able to play invisible inc, shame really, it was a great game that i had sunk in hundreds of hours on it's launch day, even more when the dlc came out, but unfortunately, i might never be able to play it again, at least for the foreseeable future.

Such a random occurrence with no explenation that ruined a once great experience for me.

Thanks for trying at least.

• Developer

Hey Walid0303, I apologies that I don't have any other suggestions for a solution here. It was working fine the day before, so any ideas I have are invalidated by that. 

As a random idea. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

OK now this is getting really annoying.

i gave up on trying to make invisible inc working again, so i decided to play don't starve with the latest dlc shipwrecked,

i just started picking things up in the gameworld when suddenly it crashes, no idea why, it just stopped responding, seems like every klei game just doesn't want to work on my computer for some reason.

maybe this will help quarantine the problem?

Archived