Huge issues at Klei's Dedicated Server

In Asia region, we lack servers to play and only have Catcoon and Glommer to join.

The problem was that host can be extremely sensitive if the server spawn frog rain,hounds,spiders and fire. 

It render the game unplayable, and all player have to leave or take heavy casulties of dying from lag, this lead to many frustration from the player behalf.

Sometimes, just having 4 to 5 players can cause delay for 3 seconds, Everytime.

So is there a way to lessen the issue? It's extremely troublesome, especially with full players 8/8. :/ 

Yeah, Klei's servers aren't the best.

Especially not when it goes over the sea tubes.

Might I recommend setting up a local server, or use another computer you might have to create a full dedicated server?

It would allow you and your friends to have a good connection with its location as well as being able to have full control over it.

A local dedicated server is best in my opinion though. I made the world size the smallest, world regen their fastest and you can support 2/3 players of the set up I made. Seems pretty decent but didn't try it out more  for the number of players.

I can't support local much, and local dedicated server are rare by itself, let alone open 24/7

I guess i can play friend's game for now but i really wish they do something about the host.

It the god awful type of host, and we can't do anything about it.

Well... there are always China's servers... or Korean... or Singapore servers (I think Catcoon Den's a Singapore Server?)

Yep... so when I play on Glommer or Catcoon, I just try my best not to be around a lot of things or players (esp those who pack trees, berry bushes, grass and saplings + farms all in one screen) and hope the lag doesn't go way up...

Or the lag could just be because of our crappy internet...

http://stephenslighthouse.com/2010/11/16/internet-speed-around-the-world/

*goes and Joins Catcoon Den*

1 hour ago, Asparagus said:

Well... there are always China's servers... or Korean... or Singapore servers (I think Catcoon Den's a Singapore Server?)

Yep... so when I play on Glommer or Catcoon, I just try my best not to be around a lot of things or players (esp those who pack trees, berry bushes, grass and saplings + farms all in one screen) and hope the lag doesn't go way up...

Or the lag could just be because of our crappy internet...

http://stephenslighthouse.com/2010/11/16/internet-speed-around-the-world/

*goes and Joins Catcoon Den*

Wait, you're Catcoon too?

how come i never notice you ingame!? xD 

3 hours ago, DarithD said:

Wait, you're Catcoon too?

how come i never notice you ingame!? xD 

That  could be because I'm usually the hermit up at the McTusks and avoid contact with other people except when giving stuff away...

*plays in catcoon and finds DarithD in-game*

Yep, seen you before Spetic XD

E1DF6DA37F657D84C4871F3651CB7348047C528F

So yeah, here's my typical lag... I even get to an area and find the prefabs haven't been loaded yet. XD

Archived