tips on fighting the sealnado

Most people tend to use Wildbores or Prime-Apes to kill ot since they are unphased by the suck in attack.

As for fighting the thing legit well basic kiting does work however you also need protection from the suck attack.

Best way is to fight the Sealnado at the shore and have a boat or raft placed there. When he prepares the suck attack jump on the boat and he can't do anything.

Alternatively you can quickly craft a sign and hide behind that but you need to be at the perfect angle or else he will get you.

As for gear TBH the basic stuff should suffice so Logsuit, Football Helmet and a Spear should do the trick. Although if you have the option try to get the Cutlass Supreme since it's stronger then the spear and deals bonus damage to the Sealnado.

Sealnado's easy.

Suck attack is his only threat. Hide behind something you cant go through(even a sign would do, but you have to stand behind it correctly), hop on a boat when he does the suck attack, or just fight him on sea(where he's a joke), and you're safe. During the suck attack he will also be vulnurable to any attacks from any creature without responding. Which is why any creature that can fight will make short work of him.

He comes during the night so have a miner hat at least. 

2 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Sealnado's easy.

Suck attack is his only threat. Hide behind something you cant go through(even a sign would do, but you have to stand behind it correctly), hop on a boat when he does the suck attack, or just fight him on sea(where he's a joke), and you're safe. During the suck attack he will also be vulnurable to any attacks from any creature without responding. Which is why any creature that can fight will make short work of him.

He comes during the night so have a miner hat at least. 

thanks I'll keep in mind when fighting it.

On 25 May 2016 at 0:53 PM, Mr.P said:

Most people tend to use Wildbores or Prime-Apes to kill ot since they are unphased by the suck in attack.

As for fighting the thing legit well basic kiting does work however you also need protection from the suck attack.

Best way is to fight the Sealnado at the shore and have a boat or raft placed there. When he prepares the suck attack jump on the boat and he can't do anything.

Alternatively you can quickly craft a sign and hide behind that but you need to be at the perfect angle or else he will get you.

As for gear TBH the basic stuff should suffice so Logsuit, Football Helmet and a Spear should do the trick. Although if you have the option try to get the Cutlass Supreme since it's stronger then the spear and deals bonus damage to the Sealnado.

thanks I'll look often then for swordfishes idk where you find them often but I'm sure you can find them by exploring a lot.

11 minutes ago, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

thanks I'll keep in mind when fighting it.

thanks I'll look often then for swordfishes idk where you find them often but I'm sure you can find them by exploring a lot.

Deep sea. Usually in the tiles with wrecks/tiles that are darker than deep sea. That's usually where their spawner is. Drop something with a map marker there to know the spot in the future. Backpacks, etc.

2 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Deep sea. Usually in the tiles with wrecks/tiles that are darker than deep sea. That's usually where their spawner is. Drop something with a map marker there to know the spot in the future. Backpacks, etc.

i was using the backpacks to mark the bioluminescence i'll see if i can use something else,what else i can use to mark?

8 hours ago, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

i was using the backpacks to mark the bioluminescence i'll see if i can use something else,what else i can use to mark?

traps but they require a lot of grass, so backpacks are good.

Archived