Dry season volcano/meteor

Hope i posted in a right place. Recently started playing shipwrecked and im addicted. Such a great game.

However volcano/meteors in dry season are a little much. Its just relentless dodging and 1 hit kill. I think its not in a spirit of a game. There should be a problem and a way to solve that problem with technology. Poison - get a seashell suit, Raining - get a rain hat or a palm leaf hut, Hot - eat ice, umbrella, straw or watermelon hat, stand under a tree... Meteors - just run and dodge for really long time. See what i mean?

I have few suggestions if someone wants to hear.

Armored helmet - allows you to take couple of hits from meteors

Bomb shelter - absorbs 4-5 meteor hits or gets you thru one volcano eruption

Radar - I think you get 1 second warning shadow now before meteor lands. Radar extends the warning shadow to 2-3 seconds. Maybe later Advanced Radar(harder to make, extends warning shadow to 3-4 seconds)

Thoughts? Any more suggestion for a cool volcano/meteor protection?

You can wear armor for some protection.

There are not going to be mayor changes to the game anymore, unfortunately. 

You can dodge meteors pretty easily on land... Sacrifice on island for that. The shadows and the sound indicates where are they going to land. Just be prepared wearing armor and a helmet just in case. 

Im new to the game. What armor can you wear and what does it do? Does it allow you to take 1, 2 meteor hits?

You can dodge meteors pretty easily on land

Two times it ended my run already trying to dodge them on land. I guess its just to long and frequent. You get frustrated and after a while your concentration slips and you're gone. I didnt try dodging on the sea. Can armored boat take a hit from meteor or is that to instant kill?

Maybe mod makers can implement these changes. If nothing else is there a way to turn off meteor showers completely? Is there a mod to switch them off or something. Imo if there is a problem with no technological solution it shouldn't be in the game.

I find it much easier to dodge the meteors in the ocean with an armored boat and fast sail. Plus that way it's not destroying anything.  If you've got coffee dodging them has been a breeze for me.

Also there is a way to counter the meteor strikes, you go into the volcano and give the Altar Of Snackrifice goodies to delay the eruptions.  If you do it frequently enough you could go an entire season without one; unfortunately right now it's bugged so when you leave the volcano the eruption time resets regardless of what you just put on the altar.  So my current goal is just to live in the volcano for the summer and not have to deal with it. ;)

I red somewhere that its actually easier to dodge meteors at sea because of the hit radius. Meteor can almost land on you and you will dodge it. Im gonna try armored boat, seashell suit armor and football helmet. Big wave hits can be handled with boat repair kits.

If it still kills me in 1 hit thats it. I will consider the dry season natural game conclusion and call it quits. It was fun while it lasted. People who love Dont Starve say i will love Terraria even more.

8 hours ago, carefree said:

Im new to the game. What armor can you wear and what does it do? Does it allow you to take 1, 2 meteor hits?

Two times it ended my run already trying to dodge them on land. I guess its just to long and frequent. You get frustrated and after a while your concentration slips and you're gone. I didnt try dodging on the sea. Can armored boat take a hit from meteor or is that to instant kill?

Maybe mod makers can implement these changes. If nothing else is there a way to turn off meteor showers completely? Is there a mod to switch them off or something. Imo if there is a problem with no technological solution it shouldn't be in the game.

Just don't run in crazy circles when on land. Stay on the same spot. You'll see them coming with enough time to dodge them. Believe me. 

If you want I can make a vid to demonstrate...

46 minutes ago, carefree said:

I red somewhere that its actually easier to dodge meteors at sea because of the hit radius. Meteor can almost land on you and you will dodge it. Im gonna try armored boat, seashell suit armor and football helmet. Big wave hits can be handled with boat repair kits.

If it still kills me in 1 hit thats it. I will consider the dry season natural game conclusion and call it quits. It was fun while it lasted. People who love Dont Starve say i will love Terraria even more.

But meteors don't kill you in one hit on land if you have armour + helmet on. Also the Log Suit absorbs 5% more damage than the Seashell so it's a better choice for meteors.

Regardless if it's such a big deal to you just turn dry season off in the world settings.

just turn dry season off in the world settings

Its fun to try prepare for the dry season. Everything is dried out, grass, twigs, bamboo... you need to stack up on everything, then you have to prepare for the constant heat... then there is meteors and its just relentless dodging, boring, repetitive.

if anyone is interested, you can take a meteor hit on the armored bout, maybe 2 hits. You can have boat repair kits to repair it. Armor and helmet are not effected when your on the boat. Still i think meteor mechanic needs to be removed or at least less frequent and lasting 1/4 of the time it lasts now. It just brakes the game for me.

Nonetheless it was fun to discover all the different ways how to survive hunger first, exploring, poison, winds, rain, lightning, wetness, heat... but thats it for me i think. Shame because i was looking forward to finishing the year and mild season again where i can really build up various farms and then explore the world in peace and explore magic tab, and maybe get some imba weapons and armor from it to take my revenge and absolutely demolish the f**king Sealnado that tortured me so much. Oh well... maybe i will try it out with dry season switched off sometimes in the future.

On 12.5.2016 at 10:54 PM, carefree said:

Discovered that you can turn off meteors when starting a new world. Just turn off option "Dragon eggs"

You guys... useless.

Sorry for giving you tips on how to deal with a mechanic instead of telling you "get rid of it".

because by that logic they could make 50000000000000 hounds greet you on spawn unless you set hounds to none and no one can complain. 

Archived